Updated: Aug 20 2012
||Document Control, Secretarial or Administrative, project administrator
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Subsea 7 is a seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services contractor to the offshore energy industry worldwide. We operate internationally as one group - we are locally sensitive and globally aware, sharing our expertise and experience to create innovative solutions with our clients. We are more than solution providers, we are solution partners - ready to make long-term investments in our people, assets, know-how and relationships in support of our clients.
Our diverse, integrated and dedicated teams are experts in their fields and have a track record of safely and efficiently executing complex projects in harsh and challenging environments. We have the flexibility to respond quickly and sensitively to local demands, leveraging the full strength of our global resources and know-how.
The Project Secretary is responsible for the fielding and management of critical information on a regular basis to assure the Project Managers have the tools they need to perform effectively.
GENERIC KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES
- Managing project documentation including setting up new jobs and project close outs; Prepare correspondence, proposals, specifications, reports, organization charts, spreadsheets and presentations including typing, formatting, collation and distribution. Monitor reporting requirements and prepare monthly reporting requirements for the project as required.
- Assists Project Manager with key administrative functions, including: Regular customer reporting; Regular internal reporting; Document transmittals; Document logs; Contract documents; Planning and scheduling project meetings
- Coordinates with key internal functional groups to share critical project information, including: Purchasing, Logistics, Vendors, Engineering and Proposals/Business Development.
- Monitors capital expenditures and job activity; Opens, monitors, tracts and closes orders; Monitors and reports inventory levels and cycle counts; Analyzes incoming and outgoing billing activity to assure accurate, timely and thorough processes; Tracks jobs as they move through the make-ready process.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferred.
A minimum of 10 years previous experience as an Administrative Assistant supporting projects and a team of Project Managers in an oil and gas environment; Experience with SAP and SharePoint. Good working knowledge of MS Office tools: PowerPoint, Word and Excel; Ability to use independent judgment in defining methods and procedures to reach an end product for administrative tasks. Ability to interface with employees and management at various levels within the organization; Must be able to work under pressure with extremely tight deadlines; Strong oral and written communication skills required; Maintains a high level of professionalism, integrity and trust.; Ability to follow instructions and complete tasks within assigned time frames and with acceptable levels of accuracy; Requires attention to detail, analytical ability and strong communication skills.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available