Oscar Associates Limited
Updated: Jul 13 2012
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Developmental level job. Is able to apply basic knowledge to carry out a sequence of tasks. Under close supervision is able to perform routine assignments requiring the application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria. In a team environment, gathers and interprets routine geological, geophysical, and drilling data to generate exploration and exploitation prospects. Produces geological/geophysical maps and detailed field studies. Conducts well log correlation and structural and stratigraphic framework analyses.
· Investigates and provides structure plots, cross-sections, well log correlation and structural/stratigraphic framework analyses, biostratigraphic, lithostratigraphic, geochemical, seal and pressure data to assess the five components that make up a prospect: Source, Migration, Reservoir, Structure, and Seal
· Creates data packages used in presentations to third party partners
· Utilizes and interprets well and seismic data to integrate geology with 2D and 3D seismic interpretations
· Solicits potential drilling opportunities
· Coordinates drilling and leasing activities with other departments
· Prepares pre and post-drilling well information
· Well site evaluation
· Master's degree in Geology or Geophysics or equivalent and one year experience in the oil and gas industry
· Familiarity with basic computer applications
· Knowledge of geological and/or geophysical processes and responses
· Good verbal and written communication skills
Responsible for the integration of geological and physical data toward prospect generation and the eventual drilling of wells.
The requirements and specifications listed above are intended to describe the general function and level of the personnel assigned to this classification. It is not intended to limit any additional responsibilities, duties and/or skills that may be required of the incumbent.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available