SOS Employment Group
Updated: Aug 2 2012
||Operations Manager, Petroleum Engineering
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Depends on Experience
||Oklahoma City, OK, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
SOS Employment Group has partnered with a leading independent oil & gas company to identify candidates to fill a Director of Operations and Engineering position. This is a full time, direct hire opportunity in the Oklahoma City area, that includes a great benefits package and possible relocation assistance if needed.
After reviewing the job information below, please reply to this posting, if interested, with a current resume and yearly compensation requirements.
- Responsible for management of all E & P Operations personnel and all operations activities within the company, including, drilling, completion, production, recompletions and workovers and all associated budgetary requirements.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment requiring the use of a computer and sitting for long periods.
- Field inspections, prespud meetings and monitoring of significant activities on location may also be required.
- Review status of all operated and non-operated wells. Approve recommendations and design methods for production improvement and greater profitability.
- When necessary, engage and provide supervision of consultants and contractors for all drilling, completion, recompletion and workover activities.
- Prepare AFE's, drilling and completion programs, workover and recompletion proposals and other E & P operations related information.
- Examine daily production reports. Discuss problems and solutions with the Manager of Production Operations and the Superintendent of Field Operations.
- Oversee requisitioning of tubulars, wellheads and production equipment.
- Provide on site supervision of well activity as needed.
- Provide backup support for the Chief Operating Officer.
- Obtain bids for and evaluate drilling contracts.
- Verify and approve invoices for all drilling, completion, recompletion and workover activities.
- Coordinate operations activities with Land, Geology, Purchasing, Midstream and Gas Marketing departments.
- Participate in overall management of E & P Group.
- Assist in annual budget preparation and monitor budget status throughout year.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Requires a degree in Petroleum Engineering.
- Requires a minimum of fifteen years experience in operations, with at least five years in a management position.
- 15 years petroleum engineering
- 10 years progressive management
- Must have good soft skills (i.e., reports)
- Certified Petroleum Engineer, preferred.
- Knowledge of engineering principles for oil and gas drilling, completion and production.
- Ability to manage teams and multiple disciplines.
- Knowledge of purchasing and bid procedures.
- Working knowledge of all oil and gas disciplines.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including, Excel and Word.
- Thorough knowledge of budgeting procedures.
- Good business judgment.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available