Apex Directional Services Inc.
Updated: Jul 30 2012
||Drilling Engineering, Modeling, Software Specialist
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Apex Directional Services is a forward thinking and innovative directional drilling provider. We have a relentless passion for performance, having the right people, and maintaining close customer collaboration. We are committed to creating a safer, more efficient onsite environment for our clients by "reducing the rig footprint"; creating a system which requires less people on location.
We are looking for a well planner for our rapidly growing company. This will be a full time position with excellent benefits and competitive wages. We use Compass/Landmark software, and will provide all training required for new hires. We are excited to work with someone with a fresh outlook and new ideas.
- Preparing well plans using geological data and analyzing proposals in relation to offset well information in order to advise clients and field staff
- Working with directional coordinators to prepare bid packages and to ensure the smooth operation of ongoing jobs exceed client expectations
- Preparing control data for the production of 2D and 3D well plots
- Preparing end of well reports
- Applying and maintaining up to date knowledge of compliance with regulatory agencies governing oil and gas production
- Learning and applying up to date knowledge of magnetic corrections for all areas in which we operate
- Performing optimization and performance reports for clients
- Promoting and maintaining a professional and positive attitude and a team work concept among all staff, within all areas of the organization
- Helping to create a corporate culture that is passionate about exceeding client expectations on every possible level
- Selfstarter and selfmotivated
- Able to work in fastpaced environment and able to meet deadlines
- Must learn all programs associated with the position
- Some overtime & weekends will be required/OnCall
- Strong communication skills both verbal & written
- Strong computer skills
- Detail and goal oriented
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available