Have you ever wanted to work for a world leader in their industry?
SBM Offshore is an integrated EPCI provider of floating production solutions for the deepwater oil and gas industry. SBM Offshore owns and operates the world's largest fleet of FPSOs which recently achieved more than 1 million barrels of oil per day throughput. SBM Offshore's global footprint includes 7 execution centers worldwide.
We are proud of our technological innovation, and are a market leader in R&D and technology development. Some of SBM Offshore's products include FPSOs, Turret Mooring Systems, CALM buoys, TLPs, and Semisubmersibles.
- Careers at SBM Offshore offer our employees:
- Unique opportunities to participate in the full life-cycle of projects and operations from engineering through construction and installation and throughout production operations
- Experience with a leader in deepwater floating production and mooring systems, in production operations and in terminals and services
- Opportunities for roles in Execution centers, in our construction yards and with our specialized offshore installation vessels.
- A company philosophy of exposing talented individuals to all parts of the business which provides opportunities to expand their personal tool kits.
SBM Offshore is currently recruiting for a Senior Process Engineer.
The Senior Process Engineer is responsible for coordinating the engineering and design efforts for the Process Team for the project he/she is assigned to. This position is responsible for all aspects of the work including (but not limited to) engineering, design, quality control, man-hour budget, work assignments of all Process Engineers and Designers working on the project and meeting the schedule.
The Senior Process Engineer:
- Will be assigned to large projects and/or proposals/studies.
- The Senior Process Engineer is expected to work independently. Some oversight is provided by the Department Manager, where applicable assisted by other Sr. Lead Engineers from the same department.
- Reports to the Discipline Group Manager and to the Engineering Project Manager for the project he is assigned to.
- Is responsible for the efficient, proper and timely completion of the assigned engineering packages for the project.
- Is responsible for selection of methods and procedures and optimization of the design and materials within the scope of the project specifications.
- The Process Engineer needs to be able to generate the conceptual design of an oil and gas production facility. To this end he/she needs to able to apply basic chemical and other engineering principles and use solid logic and common sense to deliver a proper design. With limited supervision, The Process Engineer needs to be able to perform the following typical activities and deliverables (will vary depending on the project requirements).
- Basis of Design
- Process Simulations
- Process Flow Diagrams
- Heat and Material Balance
- Utility Balance
- Equipment List
The Process Engineer needs to be able to perform all common detailed engineering tasks. To this end he/she needs to have the capacity to perform detailed tasks with great accuracy while maintaining efficiency and productivity. In addition to the above the following typical activities and deliverables will be required during detailed engineering (will vary depending on project requirements).
- Equipment Sizing and Calculations
- Equipment Datasheets
- Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams
- Material Selection
- HAZOP participation and follow up
- Safe Charts
- Alarm and Trip Settings
- Line List
- Relief and Blowdown Study
- HP / LP Interface Study
- Vendor Data Review
- Coordination and input to other disciplines
- Other various process studies and reports
The Process Engineer plays a critical role in communicating design information on projects. To this end, the process engineer needs to be able to communicate effectively with representatives from all other disciplines the Process Group interfaces with, making sure the message is communicated in a way that the receiving party understands.
The Process Engineer needs to be aware of the need of the other discipline to receive the information and will take a pro-active approach to provide this information.
The Process Engineer is responsible for performing work consistent with Company Procedures, Quality Assurance Procedures, Corporate Engineering Standards, Department Work Instructions and all tasks and duties as assigned by SBM Offshore Group Management.
The Process Engineer is responsible for the positive and professional work environment within his team. Furthermore, he shall contribute to a positive and professional work environment between the different disciplines working on his project.
The position requires familiarity with discipline engineering principles and procedures, and the ability to apply these to the project. It also requires familiarity with National and International Codes and Standards and Classification Society Rules and working knowledge of normal commercial and marine fabrication materials, procedures, and capabilities.
The Process Engineer needs to be able to negotiate and deal with comments from classification and National/International bodies. Periodic domestic or international travel for customer and vendor contacts or for site support will be required.
- Proficient with Hysys Software
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient with Flarenet Software
- Proficient with Flaresim Software
- Familiar with Flowmaster Software
7 plus years of relevant offshore process engineering design experience required. Offshore experience should include knowledge of topsides production processes such as crude separation, gas treatment and compression, produced water treatment and water flood systems. In addition, candidate should have extensive knowledge of project (process) execution (preferably of short track projects).
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university in Chemical Engineering.
Headquartered in West Houston's Energy Corridor, the Houston Execution Center of SBM Offshore offers a congenial work environment, excellent benefits, tremendous opportunities for qualified professionals, and competitive salary and benefits packages** (3 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO), 10 paid holidays, 401(k) Plan, 4-1/2 Day Work week, AD&D, Bonus Plan, Education Reimbursement Program, Flexible Spending Accounts, Medical and Dental Plans, Short & Long Term Disability Insurance and Employee Stock Purchase Plan). **subject to employment status
The SBM Offshore Group is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.