SOS Employment Group
Updated: Aug 22 2012
||Maintenance Technician, Mechanic
||Minot, ND, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
- Repairs, maintains and installs oil well drilling machinery and equipment by using hand tools and following verbiage and written work orders.
- Attaches hoisting cables to pumps, transmissions, diesel engines, and other equipment at drill sites, lashes equipment to trucks for transfer to repair yard
- Guides lowering of equipment onto blocks in or near repair shop
- Performs troubleshooting, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on company equipment as required.
- Disassembles engines, pumps, vacuums and other mechanical unties, various types of hand and power tools. Cleans parts and equipment as required.
- Inspects parts for defects, installs specified new or reconditioned parts
- Performs operational checks on pumps, vacuums, generators and other mechanical units, test-runs engines at various speeds and observes efficiency of operation
- Welds broken structures, such as engine mounts, pipe racks and other items as required.
- Installs repaired equipment at drill sites, observes operations and readjusts components as necessary.
- On call position
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of oilfield service operations a plus
- Mechanical aptitude and 3-phase electrical skills
- Welding Skills
- Ability to work overtime, nights, weekends and holidays as required
Physical Conditions of Job
- Working in outdoor weather conditions in wet and extreme cold and extreme heat
- Requires strenuous activities including walking, bending, climbing, and lifting a minimum of 75lbs
- Must be alert of surrounds at all times
- Operation of equipment such as forklift and loader
- Driving long distances in varying weather conditions
- Long shifts, regularly 13 hour shifts on location.
*Applicant will be subject to a background check
*Applicant will be subject to a Motor Vehicle Report
*A conviction record will not necessarily prevent you from being employed. You will be required to complete and submit a questionnaire. We will consider your age at the time of the offense, when the offense occurred, the seriousness and the nature of the offense, as well as any rehabilitation to determine your employability.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available