Updated: Nov 15 2012
||Welder / Fitter / Turner
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Coast Industrial Services is currently hiring welders/pipefitters in and around the province of Alberta, Canada.
Coast Industrial Services is a full service contractor with branches in British Columbia, Alberta and Chile. Coast supplies Skilled Trade's personnel for our clients in Western Canada; we recruit from Canada, USA, Chile, Peru, Philippines, Australia and UK.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), gas metal arc welding (GMAW), flux-cored arc welding (FCAW), plasma arc welding (PAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), oxy-acetylene welding (OAW), resistance welding and submerged arc welding (SAW)
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
- Operate metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears and other metal straightening and bending machines
- Repair worn parts of metal products by welding on extra layers.
- Operate previously set up brazing or soldering machines to bond metal parts or to fill holes, indentations and seams of metal articles with solder
- Good mathematical, scientific and logical reasoning abilities
- Good communication skills
- Make detailed sketches for pipe and equipment fabrication and installation, as required
- Measure, cut, thread, groove, bend, assemble and install metal, plastic and fibreglass pipes, valves and fittings
- Use testing equipment to check systems for leaks
Compensation and Work Location:
Work Location: Alberta, Canada
Wage: Dependant on the level of experience and certification.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available