Updated: Dec 21 2012
||Chemical Engineering, Plant Operations Engineer, Refinery / Plant Operator
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||La Porte, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Our client is the world's leading global gases and engineering organization. They manufacture, supply, and distribute industrial, medical, and specialty gases. They are recognized as a leader in the development of new gas-related technologies and applications for the electronics alternative fuels and energy, glass, food, metals, and chemical industries.
LOCATION OF POSITION
La Porte, Texas
- On-going cost reduction programs
- Ensure finished products meet customer specifications
- Train operators to maintain proficiency in all operating areas
- Approve day-to-day and long term process changes
- Work closely with other departments to ensure workplace is safe and is in environmental compliance.
- Help formulate expense/capital budgets (review monthly)
- Continue to work with team members to maintain an on-stream factor greater than 98 percent.
- Liaison between Raw Material suppliers and product customers to ensure reliable operations
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Technically qualified - minimum of a BS in Chemical Engineering
- 10 plus years' experience in manufacturing or chemical plant environment
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build consensus within and between groups
- MBA or Master's degree is a plus
- HyCO plant experience is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to manage and integrate within a technological business.
- Demonstrated project management ability.
- Good communication and written skills, capable of providing leadership throughout the Company and interfacing with RNA and facility managers.
- Good mentoring skills for operations staff.
- Ability to build working relationships across all levels of management and across cultural boundaries.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available