Senior Mechanical/ Rotating Equipment Engineer
Swift Worldwide Resources
Updated: Aug 2 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
JOB TITLE: Senior level Mechanical/ Rotating Equipment Engineer
ANTICIPATED ASSIGNMENT DURATION 18 months -3 years
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for ensuring that all mechanical and rotating equipment packages are designed, procured, constructed, tested, installed, and commissioned in accordance with technical requirements and specifications.
- Interface effectively with engineering contractor(s) during FEED and EPCI phases and respond to RFI's and provide technical guidance and input in a timely fashion for all mechanical and rotating equipment issues.
- Review and comment on Contractor's design and procurement documents and deliverables, including datasheets, requisitions, specifications, bid lists, vendor quotations/bids. Ensure appropriate subject matter experts within are consulted as appropriate for special situations or circumstances (e.g.- material selection, seal selections, etc.)
- Participate in design reviews, procurement bid technical reviews and cost estimate assessments, selection of major/critical rotating equipment, and in subsequent meetings with suppliers/vendors as the design is finalized and packages are fabricated.
- 15+ years experience in design, specification, procurement, testing, commissioning, start-up, repair, replacement, and troubleshooting of mechanical and rotating equipment and equipment packages;
- Experience with large electric driven compressors and pumps;
- Experience with large turbine driven generators and compressors;
- Experience with heat exchanger design and construction;
- Prior experience installing, maintaining, and/or operating equipment on harsh weather FPSO's;
- Knowledge of applicable UK and European industry codes and standards;
- Requires a layman's level of experience and familiarity with offshore producing operations, facilities, and controls and safety systems;
- Previous experience working effectively within large Major Capital Project teams during FEED, detailed engineering, fabrication and construction, and installation and commissioning;
- Previous experience working with FEED and EPCI contract engineering teams is desirable;
- Previous experience working with vendors and fabrication yards; UK or North Sea experience is desirable
- Knowledge of specific codes, and industry standards and practices applicable to the design, procurement, fabrication, inspection, testing, commissioning, start up and maintenance of mechanical and rotating equipment packages.
- Fixed and rotating equipment design knowledge specific to harsh weather FPSO environments
- Familiarity with Engineering Standards considered a plus. In any event, position will be required to learn all Engineering Standards associated with mechanical and rotating equipment.
- Familiarity with Safety in Designs and Human Factors Engineering considered a plus. In any event, position will be required to learn this information.
- Requires a layman's level of knowledge for other disciplines involved in the design of the offshore production equipment and facilities (e.g.- process, instrumentation and controls, structural, piping, electrical, etc.).
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance and equipment monitoring requirements that should be included in equipment design for analysis and predictive maintenance.
- With Operations support, will ensure that all SERIP and OE requirements are captured during FEED and Detailed Engineering, and Procurement
- Capable of managing the preparation of plans for pre-commissioning, commissioning, and start-up of mechanical and rotating equipment packages.
- Capable of overseeing contractor equipment factory testing, pre-commissioning, and commissioning activities, and proper document turnover to the CUE business unit.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available