Updated: Sep 24 2012
||Midland, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well- drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention- and a robust research and development effort , we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Consistently produces high volume parts in a cost-efficient manner and performs all required operations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review shop order packet for procedural instructions.
- Perform own setups.
- Check dimensions of parts & hold tolerance per print.
- Use all types of inspection gages.
- Set up and operate a variety of machines.
- Machine parts to engineering specifications.
- Set-up and build fixtures.
- Program machines to the dimensions and tolerance of the engineering drawing.
- Calculate speeds, feeds, depth of cuts to achieve finish requirements and extended tool life.
- Maintain clean and safe environment.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to run and program manual lathe and manual mill.
- Must have knowledge of tool grinding and sharpening.
- Must meet 93 - 100% productivity goals.
- Must maintain non-conformance rate of 2% or less.
- Ability to identify tooling.
- High diploma or GED preferred.
- 5 year machining experience
Calls will not be accepted for this position.
Kelly Outsourcing and Consulting Group, approved search agent for Weatherford International Oil Field Services Ltd, an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available