Updated: Sep 24 2012
||Odessa, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well- drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention- and a robust research and development effort , we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Conduct, document and/or supervise chemical and physical laboratory tests as outlined by project lead or supervisor, and maintain lab equipment. Communicate test results and update database of test information.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promotes safety awareness and complies with all applicable safety procedures and regulations.
- Performs general laboratory duties such as house cleaning, and HSE compliance.
- Maintain equipment in good working order for accurate and safe use. This to include: Calibration of gages and repair of lab equipment.
- Set up and run tests as needed for specific applications.
- Monitor the status of lab chemical inventory and order necessary lab chemicals as required or instructed by supervisor.
- Communicate test results to chemist, or project leader.
- Support technology transfer and apply best practices.
- May be required to work on a 24 hours call basis.
- Perform duties according to the documented Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Standard Operating Procedures and Work Place Instructions.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a laboratory environment.
- Knowledge of testing equipment.
- Knowledge of testing procedures in at least one product line; fracturing fluids, underbalance drilling, or specialty chemicals.
- Ability to communicate test results (oral, written skills).
- Computer skills.
- Knowledge of chemistry (8 hrs of chemistry college courses or equivalent work experience).
Calls will not be accepted for this position.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available