Updated: Aug 7 2012
||Petroleum Engineering, Production Engineering, Reservoir Engineering, Petroleum, Reservoir, Production, Technology
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Our client is a leading player in the Global Energy market and is an ever growing business with operations in more than 25 countries. It is looking to recruit a Shale Gas Technology Hub Leader.
Technology hubs form a key part of our Client's Advance Technology organization, with hubs already created for Carbon Management and Gas Utilizations, Applied Carbonate Technologies and Safety and Asset Integrity. The purpose of a technology hub is to focus the delivery of solutions to key business plan challenges. The Shale Gas technology hub will drive technology that will increase the efficiency of identifying, drilling and operating shale gas developments with a focus on 4 major themes;
Improved Screening - predictive geosciences methodologies.
CAPEX Optimisation - drilling and stimulation optimization.
Production Controls - detailed analysis of proprietary datasets.
Operational Impact - Environmental and Social Impact of Onshore Operations.
A number of projects are already in progress to address these challenges and further projects will be commissioned by the Shale Gas technology hub leader. These are multi-functional challenges and it is the role of the Technology Hub leader to ensure they receive the focus they require and manage the investment to deliver value for our Client. The job-holder will create, develop, coordinate and lead the Shale Gas Technology Hub through project identification, development, sanction, and execution (including the dissemination of outputs and lessons learned). He/she will also will propose, coordinate and deliver the Shale Gas technology hub strategy and program. In addition to the role of Shale Gas Technology Hub Leader; the candidate will also be expected to drive the creation of new research efforts in the focus themes of Production Controls and Operational Impact.
- Interested candidates must have a proven track record of working in close partnership with technology partners and operating oil and gas companies to deliver alignment and optimum technology solutions. Experience of a broad range of asset sub-surface and surface issues relating to Shale Gas.
- Demonstrable experience of portfolio and project management which has delivered overall programs and individual projects on schedule and budget; experience of reporting on these.
- Technical expertise to review and comment critically on individual projects across a broad range of disciplines.
- Must have an academic background in engineering and/or physical sciences combined with awareness of Shale Gas activities and would most probably come from an industry background of petroleum engineering, production technology or reservoir engineering.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to condense a wide variety of information into meaningful conclusions around which recommendations can be made and supported to senior management.
- Unconventional experience is preferred with 15+ years gained in the Oil & Gas industry. Candidates must have a willingness to travel, particularlySouth America. Relocation assistance will be provided where necessary but candidates must be authorised to work in theUS.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available