Harmer Energy and Infrastructure International
Updated: Jul 10 2012
||Geologist, Geoscientist, Geotechnical Engineer
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Oklahoma City, OK, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Our client is a growing independent oil exploration & production company in need of a Geoscience Advisor. This role will be responsible for the independent interpretation and prospect generation for the Permian Basin. We are searching for a candidate that can provide leadership within an interdisciplinary team of geoscientists, engineers, landmen, and regulatory staff to add and evaluate prospect inventory in active drilling areas.
You will also be asked to plan and execute drilling programs and recommend new core areas acquire and develop. By working closely with the engineering staff you will be utilizing our information of reservoir and petrophysical parameters to enhance completions and overall well results.
Other responsibilities include:
- assisting in the development of economic evaluations and the design of reservoir models.
- Perform due diligence on property acquisitions and joint venture opportunities.
- Evaluate well results and make casing point elections.
- Mentoring of emerging geoscience professionals and interns.
- Leadership within a multi-disciplinary team generating drilling and other investment projects.
- Interpret and integrate a variety of geological information utilizing current industry software, producing recommendations for capital investment.
- Create fully integrated subsurface (geology/seismic) interpretations.
- Unconventional reservoir and risk assessment
Details Specific to this Job:
- Degree in Geology or related science, MS preferred
- 15+ years of recent industry experience as a working geologist and prospect generator
- Inter-disciplinary skills (geology and geophysics) strongly preferred.
- Recent experience in active resource plays strongly preferred
- Stratigraphic / structural expertise a plus
- US Onshore experience preferred;
- Experience with PETRA and/or SeisWare a plus
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available