Harmer Energy and Infrastructure International
Updated: Jul 10 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Oklahoma City, OK, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
We are searching for a Drilling Engineer with 8+ years of experience to provide drilling engineering support to numerous multi - level projects.
This position is open due to growth. The company is a large independent with offices throughout the US. Their portfolio is heavy in oil (not natural gas) and organizational chart is not layered with bureaucrats.
- Assist the Drilling Manager in long term rig contracting and efficient rig scheduling efforts. Stay abreast of regional rig availability and pricing. Participate in contract negotiations as needed.
- Help to establish drilling performance and bench marking criteria for various drilling operations.
- Develop well designs for multiple rig lines and assist in the management of their construction. Rotating weeken call duty.
- Help in the continued development and monitoring of drilling training programs for all levels of drilling personnel.
- Monitor the day-to-day operation activities of wells for both company operated and non-operated projects as requested. Perform problem well analysis, support and engineering studies as needed.
- Must stay abreast of new technologies
Details Specific to this Job:
- Candidate must have a B.S. degree in Engineering.
- Drilling operations experience on all types of drilling rigs. Writing detailed drilling procedures and well construction plans.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 8+ years of progressively responsible hands-on experience (majority in drilling or drilling related positions). This experience will preferably be well rounded in operations with all types of drilling rigs and various geographical locations.
- Candidate must be proficient with personal computers and spreadsheet software. Working knowledge of MS Windows, MS Office e-mail and local area networks.
- Candidate must have a working knowledge of state and federal regulatory laws and regulations
- Candidate must be familiar with all types of drilling, wellhead and down-hole equipment.
- Candidate must be able to deal logically and effectively with all levels of management.
- Candidate must be familiar with general procurement processes, bidding procedures and contracting.
- Candidate must be proficient with staff work including oral and written communications.
- Field and rig site fieldwork may be required on an infrequent basis.
- The ability to travel to well locations is a requirement.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available