Shell Canada Limited
Updated: Aug 2 2012
||Production Operator, Production Technologist
Closed - No longer accepting applications
This role will be supporting the Exploration team of the new Shell Canada assets.
This key technical support role will be part of an intergrated technical team who will be evaluating the potencial oppoutunities for Shell to develop in Canada in the future.
Technical Analysis and Support:
- Create/maintain databases to support analysis and trending of daily production data, pressure data, compositional data, fluid levels, artificial lift equipment failures, etc.
- Generate production/compositional/pressure/fluid level plots required for well performance evaluation.
- Support the set-up of a well integrity management system.
- Create and maintain well histories and wellbore diagrams.
- Create and maintain cost tracking database.
- Schedule, support and manage routine well interventions.
- Update well status reports and disseminate to the appropriate parties.
- Become familiar with the structure of shared drives, Livelink, etc,and foster consistent use.
- Assist the Engineering staff with electronic storage of work products and pertinent files.
- Provide data management and integration support to Engineering staff.
- Submit applications/submissions to regulatory agencies with support from Engineering.
- Manage requests from the Regulatory organization and compile required information.
General Business Support:
- Work with Cost Analyst representative to deliver monthly cost information from SAP in useable format for cost-tracking and project look-backs.
- Provide support for PO (Purchase Order) preparation and business plan submittal.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on full time basis for anyone other than their current employer.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Production Operations.
- Capable of multi-tasking with a variety of staff requesting support.
- Organized approach and driven to meet deadlines.
- Capable of implementing and managing a data management structure for a large volume of data.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to develop competences in others.
- Recognizes where added value could be achieved and reports to team accordingly.
- Knowledge of SAP will be considered an asset.
- Regular field travel is required up to 20% (Sometimes overnight).
- Requires flexibility as the Exploration projects evolve and change.
- Job scope and responsibilities will develop as the Exploration projects evolve and change.
- Significant growth in well count will occur over next several years.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Education and/or work experience will qualify a candidate
- Diploma in an engineering technology degree from a recognized institute such as SAIT, NAIT or equivalent.
- Relevant experience in the oil and gas industry required.
- Excellent computer skills with familiarity with common oil/gas industry tools/databases preferred and competence in core MS Office software required.
- Good analytical and data management skills is required.
- Very good and excellent communications skills required.
Employment Type: PERMANENT
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available