Shell Oil Company
Updated: Aug 2 2012
||Legal, Secretarial or Administrative
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
This position is for an e-Discovery/IT paralegal who will be an integral component to Global Litigation team, and will support aspects of discovery, both routine document production and eDiscovery for a Global Litigation Organization and other Shell related entities and functions. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting attorneys and Project Management Specialists with the identification, harvesting, preservation, processing, reviewing, and producing electronically stored information (ESI) from work stations, network servers, applications, and other knowledge/document management tools such as back-up tapes, collaborative tools (such as LiveLink),and other storage media, PDAs, social network locations and voice mail repositories.
- Responsibility for maintenance of information in litigation discovery databases.
Providing legal assistance to attorneys and using judgment and initiative in arranging job and project details in order to achieve project objectives.
- Handling day to day responsibilities include creating, composing, and editing written material such as contracts, transaction documents, correspondence and/or legal documentation.
- Organizing and tracking large numbers of documents.
- Performing electronic research.
- Coordinating appropriate corporate and business approvals.
- Assisting with due diligence document review.
- Assisting Global Litigation organization IT professional in remote collection of ESI, including the forensic or targeted imaging of work station drives.
- Assisting the enforcement of forensically defensible collection and production protocols.
- Assisting in the direction of integrated eDiscovery response plans across IT, legal,business integrity investigators and business units.
- Assisting with the establishment of case/matter specific databases, including directing outside vendors and in-house resources to provide established deliverables.
- Helping direct internal processing (Clearwell (or similar technology)) activities associated with the processing, review and production of ESI for commercial litigation and governmental investigations.
- Assisting development and implementation of eDiscovery protocols and best practices.
- Assisting in evaluation of new knowledge/document management applications.
- Assisting in-house and outside counsel on protocols and practices relating to record management issues and eDiscovery activities.
- Assisting as a liaison between counsel, IT and business personnel, as well as outside service providers.
- Assisting the delegate for the preservation of all hard copy and ESI, including that generated during divestiture of major assets.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Associates' Degree and Paralegal Certificate from an accredited Paralegal program required, Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years experience as a Paralegal required.
- Must have extensive experience as a paralegal and/or extensive experience compiling and running sophisticated database including:
o Creating and maintaining voluminous discovery databases.
- Must be able to interface with all levels of management team, up to and including Global Legal Leadership Team members.
- Excellent people skills in dealing with persons from all over the world, including differences in levels of skills with spoken and written English and cultural variations in the ways in which people interact with each other.
- Strong organizational, case and document management skills are required.
- Must have excellent MS Office Suite skills, including PowerPoint, and word processing.
- Self-starter, able to exercise independent judgment, and prioritize competing time sensitive tasks.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills and be able to work both independently or within a team framework.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
The Shell Group offers an outstanding benefits package. No phone inquiries will be accepted.
Employment Type: PERMANENT
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available