Shell Chemical LP
Updated: Jul 9 2012
||Geismar, LA, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
- Supports the implementation and further development of the Site Reliability Improvement Plan at the Geismar Chemical site.
- Broad area of influence that can cover all aspects of site Reliability.
- Primary goal of this role is to reduce unplanned controllable production losses without compromising safety.
- Plays a pivotal role in assuring reliability of the future by coordinating site wide development of long range infrastructure plans.
- Focus areas are reliability threats, bad actors, obsolescence and restoration of equipment/infrastructure that is approaching end of life
- Supports integration of RCM and the RCM living Program.
- Supports/develops select Operational Availability projects. Utilize Reliability Engineering tools (Barringer, FMEA, AvSim, Causal Learning (RCA)…
- Assists with risk assessments for projects, Budgets, T/As. Support the site production planning process.
- Facilitates investigations and causal learning events.
- Supports the whole site and therefore requires a strong strategic enabling approach along with a tactical approach. The successful candidate must be willing to coach and influence across the entire site in order to be successful.
- Some involvement with the broader Shell Reliability Network should be expected based on individual ability and drive.
- Geismar is located within 15 minutes of the Convent Refinery and approximately 60 minutes from the Norco Refinery such that F2F collaboration with other sites is enabled. Additionally Deerpark, Port Arthur and Mobile sites are all within a four hour drive. These locations also provide convenient Gulf South future opportunities.
- The successful candidate will be responsible to support Production, Technology, Maintenance and Engineering in their reliability efforts. The focus shall be for the long term and not day to day firefighting.
- This role is not a Maintenance Reliability Engineer role.
- The primary result metric target is achieve unplanned downtime <2% by 2013.
- The key to this role will be to understand the current site needs, capabilities and barriers in order to enable improvement.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than your current employer.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering; Mechanical or Chemical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum eight (8) years experience production, manufacturing and/or operations/maintenance in a refinery or petrochemical plant.
- Fully proficient with Microsoft suite.
- Proven root cause analysis experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with risk ranking work items preferred.
- Proven ownership to accept accountability for the results of the site reliability effort is a must.
Employment Type: PERMANENT
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available