Reporting to the Construction Manager US Onshore Projects, the candidate will be responsible for the overall performance of the Eagle Ford Construction. This includes all key aspects such as safety, environment, cost, schedule and quality as well as continuous improvement against established performance metrics. Drive Business Improvement initiatives within area of responsibilities.
Accountable to manage internal relationships with Project Manager, Wells, Venture and Production Management. Accountable to manage relationship with State and Federal Agencies.
Accountable to local stakeholders as it relates to construction commitments.
Contract sponsor in the HSE contractor management system for numerous contracts.
Delivering on site construction quality, cost and schedule targets against agreed performance measures.
Identifying and implementing cost and schedule reduction initiatives without compromising HSE, technical integrity or quality.
Work closely with other Construction Managers to further develop Construction Best Practices, Construction Professionals, HSE Best Practices, etc.
Review, assess and comment on Contractors proposals and plans on construction matters including but not limited to HSE management, quality assurance, and execution strategies.
Review, assess and approve (where applicable) all construction interface documents, SIMOPS documents, site safety plans and on an as required basis the construction readiness documents.
Input to the development of tendering plans, tender documents and work package for work in US. Actively contribute to Goal Zero objectives by leading by example and closely work with Project HSE Manager and Construction Superintendents to deliver HSE Plans and Goals.
Work closely with Project Manager and Delivery engineers regarding constructability, timing, costs and quality.
Accountable for compliance to engineering standards as they relate to construction while working with Technical Authorities to ensure fit for purpose construction standards.
Demonstrate strong support for team and corporate values of respectful workplace, diversity, and General Business Principals.
Responsible for ensuring construction ability and methodology throughout all phases of the project road map
Responsible for the development and ongoing improvement of preferred construction contractors and fostering their relationships as it relates to Onshore Gas
Roles and Responsibilities of a Contract Sponsor under Shell's contractor safety management system for Civil Earthworks Contractors. Driving Goal Zero? behaviors on all construction sites.
Annual budget: Developing, but expected to peak at a typical capital budget for construction is $200-250 million, with total project spend of 400 million, This mostly comprises of pipelines, well sites, gas compression sites, gas plants and Brownfield projects.
Staff: direct 4 construction Supt., (11) supervisors, indirect reports of 20-30 Contract Project Foremen.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen, or hold a valid work visa that does not require sponsorship in order to legally work full-time in the United States
• A minimum of at least 12 years experience in project construction management including but not limited to cost estimating, planning, scheduling, cost control, risk management, quality control and safety management
• Must have Oil and Gas experience
• Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field is preferred
• Knowledge of Industry Standards as it relates to area of construction manager responsibilities
• Previous experience as construction representative
• Ability to work effectively with 3rd party groups such as local interest groups, local small businesses, and governmental agencies
• Knowledge of standards, codes and regulations that govern construction work in the oil and gas industry
• Must be able to handle high stress problems situations and lead his/her organization to successful resolution
• In depth knowledge of HSE systems
• Knowledge of sweet gas processing and operations, preferred
• Individual must work full time on site with occasional travel to Houston and other engineering offices as necessary
• Must be on call 24/7 for major emergency response
Employment Type: PERMANENT