Motiva Enterprises Llc
Updated: Aug 2 2012
||Electrician, Instrument & Controls Engineer, Instrumentation Technologist
||Norco, LA, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Turnarounds and Projects Instrument & Electrical Coordinator (I&E) is a member of the Norco Manufacturing Complex Projects and Turnarounds organization and is primarily responsible for providing Instrumentation & Electrical planning and coordination support to the Turnaround organization.
In general, this position will be responsible for the following activities:
- Identify, develop plans, and implement best practices and solutions as appropriate for high leverage (duration, cost, quality and resource) Turnaround (TA) I&E issues.
- Assure consistent and cost effective planning across TA's.
- Provide estimates as required for all TA's.
- Plan all aspects of I&E TA activities (both Motiva and contract) including project activities. This includes safety, environmental, job progress, and schedule of work.
- Input jobs into Primavera Software.
- Supervise & coordinate of I&E activities, crafts, and contractors.
- This position may, at times, also support the Projects Organization in execution of projects at the Norco Manufacturing Complex.
- Responsibilities Shall Include the Following During PRE TA Phases:
- Review TA database jobs with appropriate inspector(s) for clarity and understanding.
- Task all approved jobs per TA database.
- Review I&E planning requirements, needs, and milestones with Mechanical, Piping,& I&E planners.
- Provide scope and detailed estimates
- Order materials for all I&E work.
- Determine Motiva and contractor resource requirements.
- Work with the TA coordinator and appropriate inspector to develop:
Resources and schedule.
- Cost estimate.
- Summary of plan.
- Markup the plot plan for temporary facilities and set up valve pick up and return stations with lead planner.
- Schedule the file with lead planner.
- Submit daily manpower level projection sheet.
- Help identify I&E organization for execution of TA.
- Assemble and review the foremen books and loop packages with I&E execution organization.
- Tag all I&E jobs.
- Integrate project scope into the TA plan.
- Monitor Pre TA work and audit progress. Pays close attention to progress, cost, and safety
- Responsibilities Shall Include the Following During TA Execution:
- Execute the work plan and assure that the TA scheduled work stays on track. Remove obstacles as needed.
- Plan, estimate, and monitor Discovery Work items and their completion.
- Participate in daily turnover meetings.
- Work with inspectors/supervisors to procure materials and expedite as needed.
- Survey & log damaged instrument/electrical tubing and conduit prior to commissioning of unit
- Responsibilities Shall Include the Following During Post TA:
- Conduct a critique.
- Coordinate material management - returns and credits with Purchasing.
- Coordinate 80% scope population in TA work letter.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- High school degree.
- Minimum ten (10) years industrial instrumentation or electrical experience, refining and/or petrochemical plant experience preferred.
- Expertise with the following:
- Control valves.
- Digital Valve Controller (DVC)'s.
- Smart Valve Positioner (SVP)'s.
- Diagnostic programs.
- Orifice Plates.
- Tube skin thermocouples.
- Resistance temperature detectors (RTD)'s,
- Thermocouples and Thermowells.
- Experience with instrumented shutdown systems is preferred.
- Knowledge of Bently Nevada vibration instrumentation is preferred.
- Experience with DCS Control Systems; Field bus, Delta V, Yokogawa, Triconex.
- Knowledge of Smart transmitters preferred.
- Design and Engineering Practices (DEP)'s engineering guidelines for instrumentation preferred.
- Knowledge of Asset Information Management (AIM) and Intools preferred.
- Be knowledgeable in the safe operation of 480 Volt, 4160 Volt, and 13.8 KV switchgear, transformers, feeders, and breakers.
- General understanding of UPS systems, Battery chargers, and Auto and manual transfer switches.
- Past field experience in Construction/Projects/Turnarounds/Maintenance preferred.
The Shell Group offers an outstanding benefits package. No phone inquiries will be accepted.
Employment Type: PERMANENT
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available