Updated: Sep 18 2012
||Gas Plant Operations, Instrument & Controls Engineer, Refinery Specialist
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Seminole, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
This full time position, based in Seminole, Texas at the Seminole Gas Plant, will report to the Maintenance Superintendent. The successful candidate will have responsibility for automation and controls system design, specification, programming, simulation and testing, start-up assistance training I/E technical personnel, and assist maintenance on control system issues as needed. He/She should be self-motivated, accept ownership of projects, and be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- The Automation Specialist will provide technical support to the I&E Department and Seminole Gas Plant Engineering Team
- Must be able to handle day to day facility issues as well as long term projects
- Provide design support for Honeywell ''Experion'' and the following PLC's and controllers: Allen Bradley CompactLogix, Compressor Controls Corporation(CCC) surge and performance controllers, Micrologix, PanelView HMI's, PowerFlex VFD control panels and various OEM equipment controllers
- Provide programming, configuration and support with the following software packages: Honeywell ''Experion including C300 Safety Manager'', Iconics, Rockwell RSLogix 5000/Micro, RSLinks, FactoryTalk
- Work closely with the I&E Department, Seminole Gas Plant Engineering Department and Gas Plant Operations during the design, construction, start-up and maintenance phases of a project relating to or involving control of plant equipment
- Design responsibilities include engineering improvements/expansions of existing facilities to solve production and operational problems, panel design and layout, prepare bill of materials, wiring schematics and red-lining P&IDs
- Collaborate with field and plant operations personnel on field optimization and development opportunities
- Strive to carry out facilities optimization and construction safely, within specification, within budget, and according to project schedule
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and support and embrace a changing environment with shifting priorities
- Possess experience in electrical systems, instrumentation, and programming of PLC's in use for basic process control systems and safety instrumented systems
- Possess experience in configuration of local and web based HMI/operator interface systems
- Possess experience in control network architecture including Ethernet, Modbus, and DeviceNet
- Possess understanding of process control (flow, level, pressure etc) of water, oil and natural gas
- Willing to challenge and improve work process
- Must be able to develop and implement standard engineering practices, as well as provide detailed documentation upon project completion.
- 3+ years PLC programming and/or constructing/maintaining plant production in oil/gas industry
- A proven track record in implementing innovative and practical solutions that minimize capital investments while providing flexibility for future expansion
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (a team player)
- A degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or Electrical / Instrumentation/Electrical Technology is desirable
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available