Updated: Jul 13 2012
||Corrosion Engineering, Metallurgist
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Leading Operator based in Houston is looking for a very talented Materials and Welding specialist. Our client is part of a global business with operations and assets globally.
This individual is needed to join a group working on specific projects on a global scale.
- Assume technical authority and direction to materials and welding issues for topsides, risers, and subsea systems
- Responsible for interdisciplinary design verification and quality control
- Ensure sharing and implementation of standards and guidelines
- Identify and propose key technologies and applications thereof, and support their development and implementation
- Identification and implementation of Lessons Learned, both internal and industry
- Contribute to optimizing company standards in cooperation with other disciplines including Production Operations
- Manage evaluation and selection of equipment vendors
- Proactively manage interfaces between stakeholders
- Manage and direct contractors during their design and execution to comply with Company requirements
- Contribute to development of the overall process safety for facilities in cooperation with other disciplines including Production Operations
- Responsible to the Facilities Engineering Manager for quality deliverables in adherence to the project schedule
- Perform discipline reviews, troubleshooting, HAZOP, audits, FAT, etc.
Qualifications and Profile:
- MSc, BE, or PhD within material and welding engineering with 10+ years of up-to-date experience from oil and gas upstream industry projects including significant offshore experience
- Experience with FPSO and deepwater subsea systems is significantly preferred
- Demonstrated strong proactive safety approach
- Demonstrated experience in:
- Materials and welding engineering for offshore production
- Material selection for deepwater production
- Corrosion studies
- Welding, including CRA and clad materials
- Qualification of welding procedures
- Qualification of suppliers including pipemills, foundries, forgers, etc.
- Competent interdisciplinary team worker for front-end, engineering, construction, and commissioning phases
- Interest in novel/innovative technology development and implementation
- Ability to effectively represent the Company externally
- Good communication and social skills, effective across a broad spectrum of nationalities and cultures
Applicants MUST be Eligable to work in the U.S.A
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available