Our Spring, TX client is in need of Estimators for direct hire opportunities.
The Estimator is responsible for the overall planning and coordinating efforts to produce comprehensive pipeline project cost estimates. This position will take a lead role in providing data and cost analysis for estimate reviews and presentations.
Primary Job Function:
- Utilize the company approved costing methodology, data and systems to present estimate results in a detailed breakdown format suitable for use by the project manager and the project team.
- Prepare cost estimates assuring that all necessary costs are detailed and included in the estimate; such as management services, equipment and material costs, construction costs, operating costs, and other costs associated with oil and gas industry projects.
- Attend client pre-bid meeting and job showing, visit the job sites, and keep a record of all verbal information disseminated by the client during the pre-bid meeting and job showing.
- Prepare project cost estimate from the client's RFQ documents and drawings and any other information learned during the pre-bid showing.
- Know and be able to explain the details behind each estimate, including the basis of the man-hours allocated for each task, personnel resources needed to execute each task, etc.
- Maintain meticulous cost estimating tools including databases, spreadsheets, and other computer-based applications to keep up dated information on past performance and industry standards.
- Maintain lines of communications between company departments, project manager and client with regard to cost estimating activities.
- Assist project manager on alternative project execution approaches based on the scope of work and the most cost effective execution methods available.
- Other tasks include preparing process flow diagrams, layout drawings, data sheets and technical job reports
- 5+ years of experience in project cost estimating/project management with an emphasis on oil and gas industry projects.
- Field experience in the construction of pipelines is a REQUIREMENT!!
- Strong computer experience with Microsoft Office products, specifically excel.
- Must have training in project cost estimating, negotiating contracts and outsourcing logistics.
- Engineering, technical, or construction management degree is preferred.
- Demonstrates flexibility to effectively deal with changing priorities and timelines through analytical problem-solving.
- Proven time management and follow-through skills with the ability to work on multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
- Works both independently and in a collaborative team-oriented environment.
- Displays superior written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills.
- Displays tactful, mature and professional demeanor with well developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work with diverse personnel.
- May require travel.
- Complies with company policies and procedures.
- Complies with company Drug & Alcohol Policy maintaining favorable drug testing results throughout employment.
- Performs job safely with respect to others, property and individual safety.
- Works effectively with others to encourage teamwork and productivity.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/V/D. Candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S. Clients will not sponsor visas.
Frontline Source Group™ is one of the fastest growing Information Technology, Accounting, Legal, Human Resources, Administrative, and Clerical staffing and direct hire firms with offices throughout Texas (Arlington, Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Plano, Houston Galleria, Lewisville, West Houston, San Antonio, Sugar Land, and The Woodlands), Tennessee (Nashville and Brentwood), and Arizona (Phoenix and Scottsdale).
Frontline specializes in matching top talent with companies for direct, contract, and contract-to-hire placements. We work with clients and candidates in all areas of the United States and Canada.