Geoservices - A Schlumberger Company
Updated: Aug 23 2012
||Geologist, Logging, Graduate
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||North America, TX, US
||Rotational Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
We are a leading international oil and gas service company founded in 1958, providing a broad range of services in the exploration and production industry. With over 5000 employees in more than 50 countries, we provide a range of skills that help evaluate hydrocarbon reservoirs and optimize field exploration, development and production.
We are the leading mud-logging company, and have invested heavily in the development of new technology for exploration and appraisal well activities, particularly in the emerging deepwater market.
In March 2010 Geoservices was acquired by Schlumberger, adding mud logging technology to the existing Schlumberger portfolio- an important step in the development of higher-performance drilling systems.
We have a strong commitment to excellence and we invest in your personal and professional development by offering solid and hands on field experience, ample training, a stimulating work environment and challenging opportunities across the globe.
We are now looking for Mud Logging Geologists (also called Field Specialists) to work on our mud logging projects in North America.
What will you be doing?
Our employees are part of a team of four that operates from a sophisticated, self-contained laboratory located at the rig site. They assist other well site personnel and the drilling operation by examining cuttings samples, identifying oil and gas shows, maintaining a well database of geological, drilling and mud parameters, providing primary well control surveillance, evaluating borehole hydraulics, and a range of other services.
Successful candidates will work on a rotation basis on various drilling locations around North America with time off between assignments. Opportunities exist both onshore and offshore.
Successful candidates should:
- Have a Bachelor's degree in geology, earth sciences or equivalent
- Good English; knowledge of other foreign languages will be an asset
- Have an aptitude to absorb a wide range of technical information including geology, chemistry, mechanics, electricity, electronics and computer science
- Be able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision
- Have a practical and proactive approach
- Be willing to work in a multicultural and multinational environment
- Be willing to travel and work on a rotational schedule.
We don't expect you to have skills specific to that position or professional experience. Geoservices invest greatly in their staff; we will provide our employees with superb specialist training.
We will offer:
- Excellent career opportunities with a major player in an oil industry
- Specialist training
- Travel opportunities
- Clear career path with possible international assignments in the future
- Safe work environment
- An inspiring and culturally diverse work environment.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available