Energy Staffing Professionals
Updated: Jul 12 2012
||Marine Engineering, Naval Architect, Structural Engineering, Offshore Oil & Gas Projects
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||$110 - $150/K + with Excellent Benefits
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
ESP has an immediate need for a Lead Naval Architect located in Houston, TX. This will be a full time staff position with excellent salary/bonus potential, benefits and growth opportunity.
Seeking a motivated individual with hands-on knowledge and experience in Naval Architecture for offshore floating structures, with good communication and leadership skills as well. The successful candidate will lead a Naval Architecture team in FEED and detail engineering phases for projects involving Spars or other floating structures. He or she should be familiar with the design process for floating systems related to the hull stability, hydrostatic and hydrodynamic performances, station keeping and installations. He/she should possess broad knowledge of floating hull type-structures, including functions, risers, marine systems and topsides. He or she should have strong interpersonal skills to handle interface with the team members, discipline leads and the clients.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Assist the engineering manager in establishing work scopes, schedules and monitoring of the project.
- Develop/review specifications and design basis documents.
- Supervise, review and approve all work done by team members.
- Assist group engineers and designers in the resolution of technical problems.
- Write and review reports and drawings and ensure quality meets company and client requirements.
- Coordinate with other disciplines and answer queries from clients.
Job Requirements include:
- A Master or PhD degree in Naval Architecture/Ocean Engineering or other related major with minimum of 10 years experience in the offshore or marine industry.
- Texas PE license is preferred.
- Experience as discipline lead is preferred.
- Familiarity with industry codes and standards, including API, ABS, DNV, etc.
- Must have strong background with floating structure hydrostatics and hydrodynamics.
- Work experience with WAMIT, ANSYS/AQWA, Orcaflex or MOSES is required.
- Interface experience with structural design and pre-service engineering is preferred
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available