Updated: Jul 6 2012
||Environmental Safety & Training, HSE Manager / Advisor
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Pacific Drilling is a growing offshore drilling company that provides global ultradeepwater drilling services to the oil and natural gas industry through the use of highspecification drillships. Our corporate offices are located in Houston, Texas with operations offices in Brazil, Nigeria, Singapore and South Korea.
Pacific Drilling Services, Inc. currently has a Health & Safety Specialist opportunity available in the Houston office.
The Health & Safety Specialist supports to the HSE Manager in the development, implementation and monitoring of the Pacific Drilling Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Management Systems and supporting processes. The Health & Safety Specialist position has responsibility across all operations and department functions and will liaison with representatives from Operations Personnel, Clients, Contractors and Suppliers, International Standards Organizations, Industry Organizations and Regulators where required.
- Actively and enthusiastically promote H&S so that it remains high on the priorities of line management including communication of the policies and applicable standards, procedures and work instructions.
- Support the HSE Manager in the development, implementation and monitoring of the Pacific Drilling HSE Management System and associated standards, and procedures.
- Liaison with the H&S representatives of clients, contractors and suppliers to ensure alignment and compliance with expectations.
- Define H&S training requirements, liaise with HR Training to develop material and support compliance.
- Support the development and implementation of H&S plans.
- Coordination and implementation of focused quality improvement programs applied to H&S processes and issues.
- Support the development and implementation of Emergency Response Programs including the contribution to drills as required.
- Preparation of information required for periodic reporting of performance against H&S indicators and metrics to line management and other relevant parties (including authorities as required) according to established protocols.
- Participate in thorough and timely identification, assessment and control of H&S related risks and communicate to all affected parties.
- Analyze reported H&S risk information (including Risk Report Cards, Observation/Feedback Cards, Inspections, Audits and Event Reports) to identify trends and develop proactive risk control measures, campaigns and strategies.
- Participation in and support for comprehensive event reporting and investigation programs.
- Collaborate with Operations and Technical Departments to ensure that vessels are fitforpurpose in operations in terms of H&S capabilities and compliance with international, regulatory, client and company standards.
- Develop H&S related controlled documentation according to company defined standards and approval of the HSE Manager.
- A Degree level education (preferably in Health & Safety Management / Administration) and at least 3 years experience in Health & Safety Management / Supervision roles in the Offshore Drilling industry.
- A NEBOSH International Certificate (or equivalent) and at least 3 years experience in Health & Safety Management/Supervision roles in the Offshore Drilling industry.
- At least 5 years experience in H&S Management / Supervision roles (preferably with at least 3 years Offshore Drilling industry)
In addition to the above, any oil and gas drilling operations experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the ISO management principles and OHSAS 18001 suite of international standards.
- Thorough understanding of the requirements of internationally recognized HSE related standards.
- Thorough understanding of the development and implementation of Safe Systems of Work including PTW, Energy Isolation, Mechanical Lifting, Working at Heights, Confined Space Entry and Dropped Objects prevention, etc.
- Working knowledge of behavioral safety management principles.
- Comprehensive knowledge of principles of risk identification and control.
- Adept in the use of computers including Microsoft Office 2007 or equivalent in particular with Excel, Word and PowerPoint applications working knowledge of databases, as well as the internet and email.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available