Updated: Aug 24 2012
||Project Engineer, Project Management
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Leading and managing the scope of work for the entire engineering (vessel, topsides, hull, and other components as applicable to the product) and assuring coordination between the technical disciplines.
- Supervise component Engineering Managers (e.g. Substructure Engineering Manager and Topside Engineering Manager, or other Engineering Managers), as well as Project Engineer(s), and Engineering Interface Manager.
- Ensure that the overall project engineering and design is in full compliance with the contractual engineering requirements; meets overall project objective to provide an inherently safe, constructible, operable, reliable, and cost effective system.
- Develop the engineering plan and ensure engineering deliverables are issued on schedule.
- Review and approve the engineering man-hour budget and ensure engineering is executed within the allocated budget and adequate resources are planned and made available.
- Review and approve list of engineering deliverables for all the engineering components (substructure, topsides, vessel, etc.).
- Review and approve the engineering deliverables for issue (following review and approval of component engineering managers).
- Chair the overall weekly engineering progress meetings with component EPMs and lead engineers.
- Ensure that the engineering team is made aware of their individual responsibilities for engineering deliverables and that schedule ownership is achieved (through engineering project managers).
- Chair weekly (or bi-weekly) overall engineering look-ahead meeting (schedule meetings).
- Review on a regular basis with the engineering team members the schedule and scope of work. Prioritize the deliverables schedule, monitor progress, identify areas of concern and apply corrective measures.
- Review with the Project Director on a regular basis the scope, priorities, progress, areas of concern and required engineering support.
- Action Criticality Assessment of equipment and services and ensure output is incorporated into relevant documents.
- Manage the engineering support during construction, and commissioning.
- Plan and implement Technical Assurance Plan for the project.
- Approve responses to engineering related comments from ABS, regulatory, Client and Technical Review Committee.
- Ensure timely closure of all regulatory issues prior to sail-away.
- Coordinate Client involvement in key areas, including concept design, layout, constructability/installation reviews, value engineering and design functionality, reliability, inherently safety and environmental reviews.
- Manage the change management process within the engineering area of responsibility.
- Ensure technical quality and timely delivery/approval of third party engineering services, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Accountable for implementing project HSSE and procedures within the project engineering scope and verifying results.
- Managing and directing the activities of his direct reports.
- Review and approve engineering subcontracts prior to award. Manage engineering subcontracts.
- Manage engineering/technical interface with other project groups through Engineering Interface Manager.
- Represent the company before the client, subcontractors, regulatory bodies, and other parties involved in the project, as the project technical authority.
- Other duties assigned.
- Engineering degree (Civil/Offshore/Ocean/Mechanical/Electrical/or similar) from an accredited university is required
- Post-graduate degree is preferred.
- 7 years' experience in relevant EPCI project execution is required.
- At least 5 years as a Lead Engineer, Project Engineer, Engineering Project Manager, Engineering Director, or similar is required.
- Multidisciplinary knowledge in relevant engineering disciplines is a must (exposure to multiple disciplines of engineering for deepwater floating systems).
- Ability to manage a large team of Engineers and Designers, and a large scope of engineering, including multiple engineering subcontracts.
- Ability to represent the company before the client, regulatory, subcontractors, and other parties, as the project technical authority.
- Strong Multidisciplinary knowledge and competency of the project engineering scope.
- Strong project management skills for all project phases, including planning and scheduling.
- Previous experience leading multi-discipline engineering teams on offshore and marine projects is a must.
- Show passion and alignment with company vision, values, and operating principles.
- Willingness to travel and perform extended site audits.
- Membership in industry related organizations preferred
- Strong network of clients and colleagues preferred
- A valid Driver's License, Social Security Number, US Passport and/or a US Permanent Resident Card
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available