Updated: Jul 23 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Opportunity to join a leading global Oil & Gas Operator that is looking to recruit a Wells Workover Completions Engineer to join them on a long-term rotational contract basis based in Algeria.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Detailed well planning including completion design, engineering and Workover procedure generation.
* Detailed time and cost estimate generation for input to the project budget and well AFEs.
* Design and implement New Well Completions utilizing conventional and unconventional techniques.
* Liaise with the Logistics Group to ensure timely delivery of materials and logistic related issues concerning rig movements.
* Providing engineering and operational support during well construction activities.
* Performance tracking (actual vs. planned) and making recommendations for improvement.
* Post well close out reports, including capture of lessons learned and best practices.
* Preparing, in a timely manner, all operational budgetary information (Opex & Capex) and providing such information to Production
The ideal candidate will have:
* A degree in Engineering, preferably Petroleum Engineering.
* Significant drilling/workover experience including land rig experience.
* Excellent Management, Organization and Coordinating skills in order to ensure optimum performance
* Proven track record in well workover operations (including sidetracks), completion design, and knowledge of directional drilling, sidetrack applications.
* A high degree of computer literacy in MS suite as well as casing and well design software.
* Ability to develop ideas and work with minimal supervision.
* Ability to mentor national and less experienced engineers and colleagues.
* Commitment to HSE principles.
* Ability to work in a team as well as make independent decisions.
* Must have IWCF - Well Control Certification at Supervisor Level
Ref No: HQ00016467
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available