Transocean Offshore Deepwater Drilling, Inc.
Updated: Nov 12 2012
||Project Management, Shipyard
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
REPORTS TO: Director of Project Management
DEPARTMENT: Engineering & Technical Services/Upgrade Projects
LOCATION: Houston and various international shipyards
BASIC FUNCTION: Plan, manage and execute large projects that may include minor new construction, modifications, upgrades and repairs to a variety of offshore drilling rig configurations. The position requires technical and administrative control of the project in accordance with the agreed/authorized project objectives, schedule, commercial target, internal/external client requirements as well as regulatory body and class society requirements.
- Manage major project with respect to engineering, scope of Work, budget, schedule, quality, safety, contract administration and personnel issues through all the project phase and in accordance with Company policies, standards and project objectives.
- Prepare and submit Budget and project plans for Sr. management approval
- Manage and coordinate commissioning and rig acceptance with client
- Participate with shipyard and vendors contract negotiation
- Monitors and reports progress of the project
- Direct and monitor project commissioning
- Establishes project team organizations and skill sets
- Coordinate project with others department , classification society and Client
- Review, administer, control, and authorize project budget expenditures as required
- Recommend appraisals for project personnel
- Help to develop standards and tools for use on all projects.
EDUCATION: Preferred Bachelor Business Engineering or Project Management or equivalent experience
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 5 years experience with major international projects in shipyard. It is preferred to have experience in the engineering, shipyard or Operation of various types of offshore units.
SKILLS: Good knowledge of project management techniques including planning, budget control, contract administration and resource management. Good verbal and written communication skills. Experienced with world wide shipyards. Familiar with drilling industry technique is preferable.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Must currently have authorization to work in the United Kingdom. Job requires employee to work with other as a team and travel intensively (60%-80%). It is important to have good reporting, good problem solving and interpersonal skills.
Persons Directly Supervised - 10
Indirectly supervised - 15 to 20 (excluding shipyard)
Total - 25 to 30
Overall Project Budgets - $15 - $100 Mil.
This position is required to have a good vision and methodology for planning future task and to solve critical problems related to project issues (design, planning, contract, budget ...)
This position is required to take major decisions regarding project, which may affect the Company.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available