Updated: Jul 3 2012
||Heavy Machinery Operator, Mechanical Engineering
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Joliet, IL, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Talascend is currently seeking an Engineer for a contract opportunity in Joliet, Illinois
This engineering position assists Valve design engineers in supporting design work. Position also acts as a liaison between Joliet Design Engineering and Joliet Manufacturing by assisting Manufacturing, Quality and Operations groups in process related assignments
- Incumbents have gained at least 3 years engineering experience
- ProEngineer experience is required, as all designs and documentation are done in ProE
- Design or manufacturing or assembly & testing of hydraulic components and familiarity with Hydraulic schematics.
- Refines and improves product designs by investigating and developing improved process solutions related to product defects or current process inefficiencies.
- The incumbent works to improve established Standard Work, process methods, within CPS guidelines.
- May create or recommend Approval or Rejection of Engineering Design Deviations and Process Change Notification requests.
- The engineer must provide engineering guidance to review drawings, test instructions, work routings, tooling designs and analyze statistical data.
- Decisions may affect supplier and both internal and external customers and have significant impact on warranty, total cost of non-quality.
- Provides technical guidance to the assembly and/or machining processors.
- The engineer may also provide guidance to Assembly and Test technicians during product buildup and testing.
- Also assists to develop world class, lowest cost processes.
- Engineer works on cost reduction projects.
- This involves Pro Engineer knowledge and coordinating with machining, assembly or testing processes; working with large amount of data, drawings, statistical analysis.
Requires an accredited Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering degree or equivalent experience and excellent analytical skills.
Talascend is an Equal Opportunity Employer (E/O/E)
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available