Swift Worldwide Resources
Updated: Jul 27 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||REF # 91167235
Closed - No longer accepting applications
An independent natural gas and oil producer with a a proven strategy, a significant reserve base, a multi-year portfolio of drilling opportunities, and a strategic presence in key unconventional plays. The company also has a passion for finding and producing the oil and gas that enriches people's lives. In short, they are exceptionally well positioned to write the next chapter in energy, and would like you to join their team.
- · Produces natural gas from reserves in United States basins, Brazil (offshore), and Egypt (onshore).
- · Engages in the acquisition, development, and production of oil and NGL. Domestically, the company has a diverse asset base with significant reserves and large positions in our core development programs (Eagle Ford, Altamont, Wolfcamp, South Louisiana Wilcox and Haynesville).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads and manages the scope, definition, design, cost estimation, material acquisition, and construction/inspection arrangements.
- Controls project costs and completes associated project paperwork in a timely and efficient manner.
- Participates as a project manager on project teams responsible for design, fabrication and installation of onshore production facilities and pipelines.
- Provides direction, oversight, and review of engineering design performed by contract engineering firms.
- Participates with other engineers in establishing design standards, material specifications, and best practices.
- Travels to field locations as required.
- Maintains collaborative inter-departmental and cross-functional working relationships with all members of the organization and with both office and field employees.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical is preferred).
- Minimum of 8-15 years of work experience in the oil and gas industry including recent engineering and/or project management experience in the design and construction of onshore production facilities and pipelines with a particular focus on oil facilities.
- Project Manager experience preferred
- General knowledge of onshore productions processes
- Oil processing and facilities production
- Ability to oversee design consultants (general knowledge of design).
Technical understanding of onshore oil facilities and pipelines
- Knowledge of codes and standards applicable to the design of piping systems, vessels, and heat exchangers for high pressure natural gas and oil service.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Strong computer skills including ability to use Microsoft Project for project scheduling.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available