Updated: Oct 10 2012
||Environmental Engineer, Environmental Safety & Training, HSE Manager / Advisor
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Department Manager- Plans, administers and manages ongoing HSSE programs to ensure compliance and adherence to Health, Safety and
Environmental regulations and requirements for Proposals, Projects, and Operations. Develops and implements policies and practices to identify and mitigate hazardous conditions. May conduct or oversee training for personnel on safety and health issues. Provides advice on safety and protection, and carries out audits to ensure that organization and government standards on environmental health and safety are met.
- Compiles, analyzes, and interprets statistical data related to exposure factors concerning environmental, accidents and occupational illnesses and prepares reports.
- Ensures maintenance of work related accident and illness records, chemical disposal and other records required by law.
- Track incidents and maintains HSSE records and HSSE tracking database system. Initiates incident investigations related to accidents and near misses.
- Works with all employees to instill a safe and environmentally conscientious work environment, determining the awareness level, discussing policies and procedures, advising on the best means of following those policies and procedures, and coaching to improve behavior as needed.
- Formulates and recommends policies and measures to reduce or eliminate accidents, health hazards and damage to life and property.
- Manages the human resource functions of assigned teams including, hiring, firing and salary and job change actions, performance appraisals, engaging employees in process improvement initiatives and coaching and counseling team.
- Helps define training needs and implements programs for continuous development of all personnel within respective control with a focus on individual responsibility areas.
- Assists in reviewing projects to ensure compliance with safety standards and maintenance.
- Oversees relevant HSSE activities during proposal, execution and operations.
- Develops the required HSSE procedures upon award of contract and monitors implementation.
- Supervises the inspection of facilities to detect existing or potential fire, accident and health hazards.
- Arranges required HSSE audits within company and at subcontractor locations. Initiates corrective action measures as required.
- Develops, supervises, conducts and coordinates training programs to increase proficiency in safety consciousness. Counsels managers and supervisors on safety matters and conducts safety conferences as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, preferably Safety, Industrial, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Comprehensive knowledge of local and federal regulations, requirements, standards and best practices.
- Minimum 12 years experience in the development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of Health, Safety and
- Environmental policies and procedures, preferably in the design and operation of oil and gas, chemical, petrochemical or refining facilities.
- Demonstrates leadership skills and ability to effectively manage resources (personnel, equipment, materials, facilities, funds and reputation) and key financial issues that impact HSSE functions and the business.
- Ability to prepare budget projections and provide input to proposals.
- Effective communication (oral, written and listening) skills with proficiency in technical writing and comprehensive documentation.
- Demonstrated facilitation, training and presentation skills.
- Demonstrates skills in problem solving, team building, total quality management.
- Demonstrates a high degree of creativity and innovation needed to enhance competiveness.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness in managing multiple and constantly changing priorities.
- Effective computer skills with MS Office programs.
- Ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance as per work schedule agreed with manager (may require working an adjusted work schedule based on project assigned and work overtime if warranted).
- Ability to comply with applicable laws and regulations, the Company's Code of Business Conduct and other Company policies and procedures.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available