Updated: Jul 5 2012
||HSE Manager / Advisor, Risk Management
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Req ID 7433
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Position: H006: HES Risk Advisor
Closing Date: 07/13/2012
Business Unit: SASBU
Project: NEMBA ESR
Position Start Date: 07/16/2012
Position End Date: 07/15/2013
Work Schedule: Non-Rotational
Visa Required?: No
- Champions the approach of a Project risk based design during FEED, targeting the inherent safer design and best practice outcome.
- Champions Health, Safety and Security (HSS) Philosophy within the FEED design within both the FEED Contractor and Chevron Project Upstream team.
- Project Specialist Risk Assessment oversight and review for the FEED Contractors (HSS) deliverables.
- Oversight of the FEED Contractors 'As Low As Reasonably Practicable' (ALARP) demonstration ensuring that specialist HSS input is included / documented.
- Provides health, safety, and security guidance to FEED Contractor, and Chevron Project Upstream team.
- Develops coordinates and where appropriate conducts HSS in Design safety training for FEED Contractor and Project Upstream team.
- Champion the Development of Design Safety Case with FEED Contractor
- Interprets and develops guidance on Local Regulations and Legislative requirements.
- Champion the Operational Excellence (OE - Safety, Health, Environment, Reliability and Efficiency) as part of the FEED execution activities
Education: Engineering Degree
- 10+ years experience in process engineering for processing and treatment systems, equipment and facilities, design,layout, construction, etc. Has served as lead process engineer on projects with more than one engineer assigned and/or as a Principal Engineer in a Engineering Consultants office. Demonstrated capability to handle complex and concurrent projects with multiple facets. Major international design or construction management experience, in West African location preferred. Experience in managing third party agencies and/or contractors. Providing process engineering/process safety oversight for offshore facilities and jacket (e.g. facility layout, process design, HAZOP/SOA, SID, etc.)
- Directing Contractor's engineering and execution efforts for fire and explosion modeling, QRA, SID, etc.
- Performing design optimization reviews, HAZOP/SOA,SID and advise other members of the project team of ways to improve the design
- Participating as a member of the project leadership team overseeing the preparation of key project documents such as Project Execution Plans, specifications, equipment data sheets, bid packages and execution contracts
- Ensuring the project design reflects clients safety and reliability standards
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available