Newman-Johnson-King, Inc. * Established 1957 * Confidential Client
Updated: Sep 18 2012
||Construction Engineer, Petroleum Engineering, Workover or Completion
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||$150,000 - $200,000 or more Depending on Experience + Annual Bonus
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Completions Engineers - Oil & Gas Wells Needed by Our Client of 30+ years (to include their Heritage Companies), a Major, Fully-Integrated, Globally-Operated Oil & Gas Exploration & Production Company / EPC
WARNING: If you apply directly to our client, we will NOT be able to assist you with interview preparation, feedback, and the hiring process.
JOB EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time Employment, EPC Direct Hire (Not A Contract Position)
LOCATION: Houston, TX
SALARY RANGE: $150,000 - $200,000 or more Depending on Experience
BONUS: Annual Variable Performance Bonus
TRAVEL: Office based position with up to 10% travel to USA & International Locations.
RELOCATION & INTERVIEW EXPENSES: Company-paid.
REQUIREMENTS: 10 Years Minimum Prior Experience / Bachelors Degree in Engineering.
- Develop, evaluate and select different well completion options for multiple oil and gas fields globally ensuring all company standards and applicable regulatory codes and standards are adhered to.
- Access proposed and existing well completion equipment for redundancy, reliability, and functionality indentifying regional requirements for completion equipment.
- Conduct detailed engineering completion equipment design assessments and reviews with prospective suppliers, including verification testing for both prototype and production ensuring compliance to company best practices, industry standards and specifications, and local regulatory standards.
- Assure safe and efficient delivery and availability of selected well completion equipment such as surface equipment and downhole running or service tools to include subsurface safety valves, production and gravel pack packers, liner hangers, liner top packers, production seal assemblies, flow-control, locks, landing nipples, associated tools, chemical injection equipment, sand control tools and equipment systems.
- Identify applicable industry practices, company practices, and specifications, and identify gaps for project well completion equipment.
- Learn and contribute to the application of company best practices and safety and operational risk guidelines to well completion equipment and designs.
- Interface with company project team personnel, service company personnel, and manufacturer personnel.
- Review completion equipment vendors for ability to deliver completion equipment on schedule and ability to adhere to high quality standards.
- Develop and complete documents specific to completion equipment which will be used as reference documentation on a regional basis.
- Contribute to process safety by identifying risks and mitigation measures and creating safer completion designs.
- Identify required completion equipment studies needed and participate in studies.
- Work with project team members, equipment vendors, and service providers to extend the operating capabilities of well completion equipment leveraging service company manufacturers in support of engineered well completion equipment development.
- Participate in identifying and executing fitness for purpose completion equipment quality assurance strategies.
- Identify risks and risk mitigation relating to well completion equipment.
- Develop plans and procedures as needed supporting use and/or rollout of well completion equipment or operations.
- Identify and participate in the capturing and sharing of lessons learned on an on-going basis via company reporting system.
- Ensure the development and use of standard company project management tools and processes.
- Participates in process improvement efforts.
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Petroleum Engineering or other relevant engineering degree.
- Minimum 10 years applicable industry experience in well completions engineering and well completion equipment design, identification, selection, engineering, commissioning and start-up.
- Detailed knowledge of completion equipment and completion equipment operations.
- Excellent safety awareness, and demonstrated good safety leadership.
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally to include offshore, if required, having the necessary medical and offshore survival certification or ability to obtain same.
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team including wells operations personnel, project engineering, contractors, and service company manufacturers.
- Working knowledge of MS Work, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Previous Project Management experience and the ability to network within a diverse team.
OUR CLIENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
- We will contact you prior to sending you for consideration to our client.
- Your search will be kept strictly confidential.
- Never a charge to job candidates / job seekers.
APPLY NOW FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available