Opportunity to join a leading Oil & Gas Operator on a residential 12 month renewable contract basis in Nairobi, Kenya.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Manage all EHS aspects of Company business (office and operational activities) as per company objectives and legislative requirements, providing advise on operational safety policies, systems, procedures and practices relating to field operations. This includes a functional EHS authority/oversight over all activities at the Company's Kenya sites.
* In collaboration with corporate EHS, establish, document, implement and maintain EHS plans, policies and procedures for the company's Kenya's operations and activities that are compliant with the company's IMS, EHS-MS and fulfill the requirements of ISO 14001:2004
* Coordinate EHS aspects of office and operational sites, including risk assessments, approvals, inspections, audits, drills, training and workforce awareness
* Implement Corporate EHS initiatives across operational sites
* Monitor compliance with EHS policies and procedures
* Monthly compilation and reporting of EHS information and statistics
* Manage Kenya's incident investigation and reporting requirements, including submission of incident details in Emex and leading/participating in investigations
* Support local management in ensuring that actions arising from incidents and EHS audits are identified, resolved and closed out
* Provide an appropriate level of EHS Supervision to contracting companies in managing their operations and perform EHS verification compliance of contractors
* Implement and coordinate local ER arrangements and teams, ensuring adequate provision of personnel and facilities
The ideal candidate will have:
* Tertiary qualification in Safety/Environmental Sciences, Geology, Geological Engineering or other related field
* NEBOSH certificate or similar is minimum EHS qualification
* Solid EHS experience in the oil and gas industry, preferably in onshore exploration
* Proven experience of managing EHS in remote operations
* Knowledge of identification & control measures of operational risks/hazards in operational sites
* Experience with drilling and seismic operations.
* Demonstrated knowledge and experience on the development and roll-out of EHS management systems in accordance with recognized international standards
Ref No: HQ00016416
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available