Updated: Aug 14 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Broussard, LA, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well- drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention- and a robust research and development effort , we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Responsible for overseeing general and administrative functions in the Human Resources Department. Contributes support in all aspects of Human Resources policies and procedures over a specific geographic area.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (not listed in any particular order)
- Work closely with Managers/Supervisors determining human resources and staffing needs.
- Oversee recruiting process and work with Weatherford Recruiting Team as needed
- Assist managers with compensation information and issues, including performance review ratings and merit recommendations
- Assist with Performance Review, Succession Planning and other HR development processes.
- Maintain various records to ascertain compliance with outside agencies, internal audits and WFT standards
- Coordinating with Regional HR manager, handle employee relations complaints, concerns, disputes and investigations
- Review pre-employment paperwork of prospective employees, including motor vehicle reports, reference and background checks, pre-employment physicals and drug screens.
- Prepare and process payroll authorization changes and maintain HRMS data records
- Conduct new-hire orientation and exit interviews.
- Process and prepare payroll authorization changes.
- Administer unemployment compensation claims.
- Assist with relocations for employees.
- Distribute service awards.
- Assist Weatherford managers with employee relations, reduction in force and other Human Resources related concerns.
- Work closely with Legal Department to resolve employee related legal issues.
- Ensure compliance with EEOC, immigration and affirmative action guidelines.
- Train field personnel regarding proper procedures for hiring, terminations, corrective action, performance appraisals, legal compliance, and other Human Resource areas.
- Visit field locations to handle human resource duties when required.
- Ensure proper and required notices are posted in conspicuous places at all locations.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- 4+years experience in Human Resources
- Bachelor's Degree is highly desired
- PHR or SPHR or willingness to obtain certification
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work
- General knowledge of human resource procedures and policies
- Strong communication skills with ability to work effectively with both employees and managers
- Ability to convey a positive and professional image to applicants and employees
- Must be conscientious, detail oriented with ability to organize and prioritize work
- Computer experience including Microsoft Suite and HRMS systems
Calls will not be accepted for this position.
Kelly Outsourcing and Consulting Group, approved search agent for Weatherford International Oil Field Services Ltd, an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available