Updated: Jul 11 2012
||Gulf of Mexico, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Supervises and directs the work of the drilling crew to ensure safe and efficient operations on the drill floor and
drilling of the well bore. Operates drilling and mud circulation equipment as instructed in the well program and
performs drilling, completion and well testing operations in accordance with Company policies and procedures
1. Competently operate all equipment at the Driller's console in a safe and professional manner
2. Constantly monitor the well bore condition, interpret and respond to downhole conditions
3. Direct all activities related to drilling operations in accordance with the well program
4. Secure the well during an emergency or well control situation. Perform well kill operations as per instructions.
5. Perform well control calculations
6. Responsible for the execution of first-line maintenance on the drill floor.
7. Maintain housekeeping in assigned areas
8. Maintain accurate records of fluid management during all drilling operations
9. Ensure that the drilling crew are conversant with relevant rig specific procedures, that they are understood, utilized and recognized changes are documented
10. Supervises derrick inspections and ensures they are carried out in accordance with the drops program
11. Maintain accurate equipment files, drilling logs and records
12. Participate in all pre-planning for drilling operations
13. Updates Supervisors on drilling activities as required. Informs Toolpusher and Client Representative if any deviation from planned operations occur
14. Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations, and potential hazards to supervisor
15. Actively participate in the Safety Management Systems
16. Mentor, develop and train crew members to ensure they are competent to work in their current job positions and where appropriate coached and prepared for the next position
17. Conduct performance appraisals for subordinates. Recommend promotion, development or disciplinary action
18. Perform all emergency duties as per designation on the station bill
19. Effectively use all safety and environmental tools employed by Seadrill (4-point check, OBS cards, PTW etc.)
20. Complete training requirements in a timely manner as per Seadrill training matrix
Certification: Valid Supervisors Well Control Certification
Experience: Two years as an Assistant Driller in Cyber Chair for deepwater offshore drilling operations or one year as an Assistant Driller with demonstrated experience
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available