Rowan UK Services, Ltd.
Updated: Aug 27 2012
||North Sea (UK Sector), United Kingdom
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Rowan Companies, Inc. is a major provider of international and domestic contract drilling services. With a special focus on high-specification, premium jack-up rigs and a manufacturing division that is unique within the industry, we offer our customers innovative drilling products and systems including those that serve our niche market - hard-to-drill deep gas wells.
Operating on the principle that people are more important than machines and tools, we back our state-of-the-art equipment with an experienced leadership team and highly-skilled operating crews. These dedicated employees are the power behind the Rowan legacy of operational excellence that spans 87 years.
We are seeking an experienced Rig Crane Operator onboard our North Sea Jack-up installations. The role of the Crane Operator is to oversee the efficient and effective operation of the deck ensuring competent lifting operations take place. Whilst supervising the deck crew. The Crane Operator also ensures support of the deck crew to drill floor operation is effective, along with direct helicopter operations as HLO.
Duties will include:
- Implement Rowan's Management System, HSE related policies & procedures, and relevant authority regulations requirements
- Plan work for deck crew before work commences, and include relevant personnel in the planning process
- Assign work to employees and ensure they are competent to fulfil their duties
- Assure effective execution of mechanical lifting operations
- Operate Cranes in accordance with company procedures, agreed plans and manufacturers' recommendations
- Ensure cranes and all associated lifting equipment are used in accordance with manufacturers specifications and lifting operations manual
- Monitor and maintain rigging loft
- Maintain an inventory of all lifting equipment and tools
- Service crane associated component and lifting equipment in accordance with plans, procedures and maintenance schedules.
- Organize deck for efficient and effective
- Serve as helicopter landing officer
- Manage change effectively
- Actively participate in all safety meetings and contribute with relevant points
- Prepare handover reports for supervisor and relief, and advice the latter verbally of current, past, and impending operations
- Contribute to the company's continuous improvement plan
- Assist with audits and follow up on audits to bring outstanding audit points to completion
- Review Company documentation as required
- Ensure effective lines of communications are established and maintained by crew members
- Second deck crew members to other departments as required
- Supervise, provide guidance and feedback to deck crew members
- Mentor employees assigned to new job position
- Develop employees in accordance with learning and development strategy
- Demonstrate Leadership through personal responsibility and accountability
- Develop and maintain own competence
- Liaise with supply vessel staff
- Liaise with regulatory agencies as required
- Perform emergency duties as per Station Bill and emergency procedures manual
We are looking for applicants who are time served Rig Crane Operators with experience with diesel plant, hydraulic and electrical systems on an offshore installation. You should have the following as a minimum:
- Experience in a similar position and be familiar with all aspects of maintenance on technical equipment on offshore installation.
- Experience of Lift Planning and Risk Assessment of Lifting Operations under LOLER
- Experience of Wire Rope Changeouts and Identifying Discard Criteria
- Previous experience of Supervising an Assistant Crane Operator and a Deck Crew
- Desired experience includes; experience as a Crane Operator on a Jack Up Drilling Platform, conducting lifting Operations in a Drilling Environment, experience in working with either Leibherr or LeTourneau Cranes
Along with the following valid certificates;
- Crane Operator Stage 3
- BOSIET/ FOET /MIST
- Banksman / Slinger
- Offshore Forklift Truck operator
- Hose Management
- LOLER Awareness
- Helicopter Landing Officer
- Emergency Response Combined
- Helideck and Fire Team Member
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available