Updated: Oct 22 2012
||Design Engineer, Pipeline Engineering
||Associates/2 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Coordinates activities of assigned team which consists of drafters and designers from multiple disciplines. Ensures that commitments are fulfilled on time and to company and customer specifications. This position reports to the Lead Engineer or
Engineering Manager on project level.
- Organizes and leads teams using multi-disciplinary and matrix management techniques. Coordinates design & drafting activities between project engineering and design disciplines. Assigns work to drafters and designers based upon project schedule requirements.
- Reviews work and compares to engineering deliverables and supporting documentation to
- Participates in developing deadlines and work to be done and in monitoring status and completion.
- Reviews work of drafting personnel on design drawings from preliminary through as-built as well as QA/QC of all drawings.
- Ensures accuracy, completeness, and conformance to drafting, applicable design and standards.
- Assists with training drafting and design personnel.
- Knowledge, experience and skills
- High school diploma or equivalent plus equivalent work experience or
- Associates degree or equivalent technical training in drafting preferred.
- Drafting and Design knowledge of multiple disciplines.
- Knowledge of AMEC or similar products, services and processes.
- Knowledge to assist with preparation of budgets and schedules, development of execution plans and organization of design activities.
- Ability to review engineering drawings and designs to detect errors and to teach staff how to correct and reduce future errors.
- Ability to lead efforts in analyzing design alternatives.
- Ability to plan and coordinate design and drafting activities from conceptual customer design proposal through release.
- Years of experience is less important than type, depth and breadth of experiences. Demonstrated abilities and contribution to successful design project outcomes are given significant weight.
- Normally requires a minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in a similar environment including experience as a Lead. 3D CADD experience preferred.
- Experience preparing project plans, schedules, budgets, manpower requirements and status reports.
- Advanced computer skills with MS Office programs.
- Demonstrates proficiency in mentoring and project planning.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills for inter-departmental and external company interaction.
- Ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance as per work schedule agreed with manager (may require working an adjusted work schedule based on project assigned and work overtime if warranted).
- Ability to comply with applicable laws and regulations, the Company's Code of Business Conduct and other Company policies and procedures.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available