Updated: Jul 4 2012
||Workover or Completion
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Opportunity to join a leading global Oil & Gas Operator that is looking to recruit a Well Completion Engineer to join them on a permanent basis based in Egypt.
Key responsibilities will include:
*Ensure that all well completion, well testing, stimulation and intervention operations performed in compliance with approved Project and client Policies.
* Provide engineering support to contracting activities. Prepare technical scopes of work for all completion related third party services and drilling service contracts in line with the tendering strategy.
* When required control, maintain and report on the progress during the completion, intervention and stimulation operations.
* Carry out the necessary engineering calculations and studies to ensure that the completion achieves the well objectives in the most efficient manner whilst ensuring that the risks of unplanned release of fluids from the well are ALARP.
* Strive to improve completions, workover, stimulation and non conventional drilling operations by introducing appropriately researched new technology, applications, procedures and methods. Generate AFE cost estimates and daily cost control.
* Delivering high quality, robust and fit for purpose well engineering documentation within the WEMS framework.
* Carry out a comprehensive analysis of offset well data for all the prospects under consideration, prepare a catalogue of opportunities, risk and uncertainties based on the analysis. Make recommendations on improvements in all aspect of well design and execution.
* Carry out analysis of data available on similar projects worldwide (with special attention to the Mediterranean Region) and prepare a catalogue of relevant data and information that will be useful for well planning and execution.
The ideal candidate will have:
Previous experience and demonstrated proficiency in:
* A similar drilling engineering role.
* Well Completions and Testing Design.
* Capability on technical software packages such as Wellcat and Prosper
* Deepwater Completions from MODUs.
* Well test cost estimating.
* Knowledge, experience and demonstrated proficiency in all of the activities described above.
* Third level Engineering or Science degree
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available