BP International Ltd
Updated: Jun 29 2012
||Gas Plant Operations, Scheduler AND Planner AND Maintenance OR Construction
Closed - No longer accepting applications
In 2010 BP E&P launched the Sector Leadership program to strengthen its portfolio and sustainably drive efficiency. One of the cornerstones of the program is to move from an asset based organization to a standardized functional organization. This fundamental change to the way we work demands effective collaboration between the function and area teams to ensure an activity set that is deliverable and value optimized. As a result, an Activity Planning Team is required to drive the processes and systems that enable this to occur. A key component of this organizational construct is the site Planning & Scheduling Teams.
The Planning & Scheduling Team Leader for a site, or Operating Center (OC), is responsible for building and managing an integrated plan for the Site. The Site Scheduler will report to the Planning and Scheduling Team Leader and is responsible for scheduling activities such as; maintenance and construction, site preparation / post-rig activities associated with New Well Delivery and Well Interventions.
The Wamsutter Site Scheduler is a key position within the Wamsutter OC which is in need of additional resources to fully implement Activity Planning. Wamsutter is located in the Greater Green River basin of Wyoming, one of the more active growth areas in North America, and is currently undergoing an aggressive redevelopment program with 4 drilling rigs adding ~ 150 wells a year to the field. BP Operated production in Wamsutter is 35,000 boepd from approximately 1650 wells.
This role provides an outstanding opportunity to develop key operations skills and competencies through hands on experience in an active environment and an opportunity to develop and practice leadership skills through daily interaction with the OC Leadership Team.
* Scheduling work allocated to the sites.
* Create and maintain the execution integrated site schedules to include all activities impacting the site.
* Ensure schedules are doable within site constraints, including development of resource loading methods and implementation within the site execution schedule.
* Identify nesting opportunities to drive scheduling, production, and cost efficiencies.
* Identify and flag SIMOPS and work with site operations to drive resolution of associated risks.
* Manage work-order backlog.
* Drive Continuous Improvement in Key Performance Indicators and North American Gas (NAG) Activity Planning Processes.
* Ensure work orders are completed in WMS within agreed timeframe.
* Assures Control of Work (CoW) person-in-charge authorities are included on daily plan and provides assurance that any authorization to work permits are flagged in the daily schedule.
* Drive progress of all activities through meetings with supervisors or work crews and report this progress in the 1 Week Execution Plan view.
* Review with Planning and Scheduling Team Leader the KPI 1 - "1 Week Plan Attainment performance" and propose improvement actions.
* Work with local Site Leadership Team to ensure timely capture of progress against plan activities and work to resolve conflicts within the broader site team.
Coordinate inclusion of emergent work:
* Ensure essential jobs have been included and understand the impact of those not included.
* Ensure that we have a deliverable 2/1 Week schedule that does not break site constraints.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Must be legally authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than your current employer.
* Must not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., TN, H1B status.
* General knowledge of maintenance/construction and site operations.
* Strong computer proficiency.
* Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available