Updated: Jun 29 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Closed - No longer accepting applications
As a Reservoir Engineer you will provide support and direction to a multi-discipline team to develop Canadian Natural's oil sands leases which is targeting 300,000 bbl/d thermal production by 2020.
Opportunities available to support growth in the following areas:
- Cyclic Steam Stimulation (CSS)
- Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage (SAGD)
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
- Working on strategic initiatives within the Thermal Team to develop such depletion technologies as:
- CSS optimization
- SAGD optimization
- Follow up processes (to CSS)
- Conduct reservoir simulation studies and generate performance type curves
- Act as a key advisor to thermal management in setting the technical direction for thermal development within Canadian Natural
- Provide guidance to exploitation and production engineers within operating areas to solve reservoir issues
- Review development and depletion plans and strategies to ensure that best practices are adhered to
- Provide guidance in the review of production analogs to assess the impact of past operating experience
- Participate in the development and execution of a long term growth strategy for CNRL's thermal assets which maximizes value for our shareholders
- Typically 5+ years of related industry experience with a B.Sc. in Engineering
- Registration or eligibility for registration with APEGA
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of:
- SAGD and/or CSS reservoir depletion physics, geomechanics, geology/sedimentology, economic evaluations and field operations
- Candidates must be proficient in the use of spreadsheet applications and word processing
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available