Shell Canada Energy
Updated: Jun 28 2012
||Instructor, Project Management
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Shell is seeking to fill two (2) Continuous Improvement (Lean) Coach positions in Calgary, AB.
Continuous Improvement specialists will lead Lean (& Six Sigma) improvement projects for the Shell Canada organisation in support of the Heavy Oil Top Quartile (HO2TQ) program. A key aim of the Coach role is to co-ordinate Lean Practitioners in their delivery of both competency development and project execution, as well as steer, shepherd and deliver Continuous Improvement projects / programmes. Specific Lean Leadership coaching and training is a key component of this role.
The new Continuous Improvement Coach positions will join a growing team (currently 25 CI professionals). It is anticipated that a Continuous Improvement Coach (after 3-4 years) could move into direct line accountability roles to further sustain and embed lean leadership and competency in the line/or developed further as a subject matter expert.
Continuous Improvement Coach positions report to the Lean Master (Master Black Belt) who reports to the Lean Deployment and Cost Leadership Manager Heavy Oil. Additionally, there is a Lean Technical Authority who ensure functional standards.
As Continuous Improvement Coaches you are expected to:
• Apply the Lean methodology and recommend solutions to specific business case issues
• Develop own and others Lean Leadership Behaviours and in doing so support and develop a sustainable continuous improvement culture
• Apply project management skills to manage projects (DMAIC / A3 thinking / Chartering)
• Facilitate Teamwork (Cross functional Project Teams)
• Consult with Change Manager and Process Owners and Unit Managers
• Transfer knowledge and skill to others (supporting and running of Lean Practitioner and Lean Coach training)
• Provide leadership in applying quantitative statistical methods
• Discover new leveraging opportunities (Best Practices)
• Continuously improve your skills
• You will be an ambassador for the Shell Lean methodology
• It is the ambition of Shell Canada to have Shell Lean as the way of improving business and have it implemented in ways of working e.g. culture
• Since Shell Lean and Process Management are closely linked, it is inevitable that you will also be involved in (some) Process Management activities
• In future having Lean / Six Sigma / Continuous Improvement experience will become a preferred development skill for Management team Leadership roles within Shell Canada
Lean and Continuous Improvement projects will be executed throughout the entire Shell Canada organization. This could be plant specific issues or improvement projects related to a support process. LEAN/Sigma will be also used (where appropriate) to deliver Business Improvement tactic delivery
The applicants must be willing to travel regularly to operations sites with Alberta. Up to 50% travel is expected in the role - with up to 2 to 3 days spent / week at the Heavy Oil locations (Fort McMurray / Edmonton / Peace River) as appropriate to support ongoing projects and the development of lean leadership skills in the operations teams.
It is your responsibility to make sure that the scope of Lean projects are carefully designed. You may need to carefully redefine the scope with the Process Owner(s) / and Lean Practitioners.
These projects then need to be completed in a timely manner following the methodology. Having got the improvement it is then the responsibility of the lean Coach to ensure that these changes are owned and kept in place by the local team and Process Owner
Within Shell Learning there is a team of specialists to support you in your role. You will be part of the Shell Lean network - this extends into other organizations within the Shell/Group globally. Globally there are more than 500 CI practtioners.
• Experience in an operating (manufacturing and / or oil sands) company is highly desirable and preferred - but not critical.
• Preferred 10 years practical experience with process improvement and/or manufacturing excellence experience
• Engineering experience desirable - preferably manufacturing or process.
• Professional degree.
• At least 5 years experience.
• Demonstrated capability to apply Lean Philosophy and Tools in a Manufacturing / operational (oil and gas) or similar environment
• Practical Lean experience in applying process improvement and Lean tools (e.g. value stream mapping; 5S; SMED; visual management,LSW,kaizen,DILO,VoC etc.)
• Effective Communication skills (presentation,effective conversations,written)
• Good interpersonal skills
• Strong Facilitation skills (team work and team building)
• Accreditation as a Lean Sigma black belt and Kaizen Facilitation experience would be a plus,but not essential.
Candidate ideally should meet a high proficiency standard for:
• Lean / Six Sigma
• Process Improvement
• Change Management
• Facilitation and Intervention
• Diversity and Inclusion
Employment Type: PERMANENT
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available