The Velosi Group, founded in 1982, provides quality assurance and quality control services to a number of leading national and multinational oil and gas companies. The Velosi Group operates globally through four principal offices in the USA, the UK, Malaysia and the UAE and has operational or representative offices in a further 27 countries worldwide.
Our Houston, TX office is currently seeking an Installation Engineer
- Provide technical support to offshore installation planning and execution activities
- Serve as primary interface for Installation coordinator with to contractor's technical organization
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop/evaluate fundamental execution approach & equipment
- Coordinate interface with Activity Specialists
- Interface with Engineering Function
- Participate in constructability reviews and contractor selection process
- Provide technical input to scope of work and Installation specifications
- Provide technical input to tender evaluation exercise
- Review and approve installation procedures and Contractor studies
- Review and approve of installation plans and procedures
- Develop Surveillance Plans with Operations' input
- Participate in Risk Assessments and pre-mobilization reviews
- Evaluate nominated subcontractors as required
- Provide Technical support as needed to field team during installation
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Prefer candidate with pipelay experience in shallow water.
- Moderate business travel, approximate 1 week per month
Velosi Ltd was established in 1982. By utilizing the services of our sister company, Intec (UK) we are capable of delivering Global Recruitment Solutions within the Oil & Gas, Power, Nuclear, Utilities, Rail, Construction and Aerospace Sectors for Owner/Operators, Consultancies, Contractors and Sub-Contractors.
For a free, confidential service register your details on Velosi-Intec where you will find a full list of live positions. On-going requirements include; ATEX Inspector, Civil Engineers, Coating Inspector, Commissioning Engineers, Drilling Engineer, Electrician, HSE, Inspectors, Instrument Engineer/Technicians, Labourer, Mechanic, Mechanical & Electrical Engineer/Fitters, Operator, Pipeline Engineer/Supervisor/Inspector, Piping Engineer/Supervisor/Inspector, Planning Engineers, Process Engineer, Project Engineer, Project Manager, QA/QC Engineer/Managers, Quantity Surveyors/Cost Engineers/Project Controls/Estimators, Riggers, Safety Advisor/Officer/Engineers, Site Managers, Supervisor/Superintendents, Turbine Engineer/Fitters and many more.
Velosi Intec is an equal opportunities employer and a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC).