Updated: Jul 2 2012
||Petrophysicist, Knowledge of geostatistics and assist geoscientists in building 3D geological and property models (deterministic and stochastic), Experience of horizontal well technology and geo-steering
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Plan, supervise, coordinate and control the collection, analysis and evaluation of petrophysical data for well and reservoir studies in order to generate appropriate field development plans. Provide Petrophysical support for COMPANY oil fields. Conduct reservoir management activities. Participate in interdisciplinary reservoir study teams. Develop and mentor less experienced staff.
Required experience and expertise:
• Prefer 15+ years of experience in the Oil and Gas industry, with at least 10 years experience doing Petrophysical studies/operations. Must have a thorough understanding of open hole (both wire line and LWD), cased hole and production logging tools, NMR and integrated production logging in horizontal wells.
• Experience in carbonate reservoirs.
• Experience of CCAL and SCAL techniques.
• Experience in statistical and pattern recognition techniques (Neural networks, fuzzy logic, and multidimensional histograms) techniques.
• Must have strong teamwork skills, and it would be an advantage to have experience working in a multicultural environment
• Experience working in integrated asset team environment.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with peers, less experienced staff, field staff, and management
• Must have experience mentoring less experienced staff
• Must have experience/knowledge of current computer software for petrophysical applications
• Minimum of a BSc in Petroleum Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Geology is required
Desirable experience and expertise:
• Knowledge of geostatistics and assist geoscientists in building 3D geological and property models (deterministic and stochastic)
• Experience of horizontal well technology and geo-steering.
COMPANY Standard Petrophysical Software:
• Geoframe (Elan +, FMI, CMR)
• Petroworks - Openworks - Zmap+
• Petrel - RMS
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available