Updated: Jul 9 2012
||IT - Programming & Database
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Calgary, Edmonton or Fort McMurray, Canada
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Be part of the exciting growth and expansion of the Horizon Oil Sands. With your contribution we will see incremental production gains to approximately 250,000 bbl/d. Further phases of expansion will bring the ultimate plant capacity to 500,000 bbl/d.
The Applications Engineer will provide knowledge and expertise to the wider team with regards to process performance monitoring using OSIsoft PI-Process Book and related tools. The role will work closely with engineering to ensure escalated issues are resolved in a timely manner while continuing to be the customer liaison and maintaining the customer interface.
The successful candidate will work with a team of senior Process Control Engineers and gain exposure to the spectrum of Horizon operations. The role will have involvement in the development of a newly implemented system, and there will be ample opportunity to take ownership of your own workload via both on-the-job learning and structured training.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
- Monitor and maintain the health of Horizon Process Information (PI) database system and performance monitoring applications
- Interface with other Canadian Natural stakeholders, plan and implement process performance monitoring applications
- Manage database, system growth and storage requirements
- Manage the assignment of PI tags for new data to be collected
- Work closely with Information Systems team to ensure the PI system version and licensing is up-to-date
- Develop, monitor and report Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for PI system performance
- Work closely with DCS team in accessing and validating data
- Configure PI database to collect information from and provide information to various existing and new systems on various networks
- Manage, configure, and troubleshoot OPC links to third party database applications and databases
- Define, manage, and configure data system configuration standards
- Support numerous business users on the development of PI applications (Process Workbook, Microsoft Excel, others)
- Develop and configure calculations with PI to support user requirements
- Typically 5+ years of related industry experience with Engineering degree
- Registration or eligibility for registration with APEGA
- Familiarity with and understanding of:
- Working in an operating facility
- Process performance management applications
- OSIsoft PI-Process Book/ActiveView and PI-DataLink/Excel
- Data analysis
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available