Updated: Jun 27 2012
||Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgist, QA / QC / Inspection
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Calgary, Edmonton or Fort McMurray, Canada
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The In Service Inspector is responsible for assisting or performing inspections of in service equipment such as pressure vessels, boiler, fired heats and process piping, and reacting to the daily inspection needs of the Horizon Oil Sands plant.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
- Conduct external inspections of new and in service equipment and piping; assist with internal inspections
- Assist with pressure equipment database maintenance
- Provide daily inspection support
- Assist in the set up and management of a corrosion monitoring program for in service equipment and piping
- Monitor repaid/alteration activities
- Promote a quality culture among the plant teams
- Typically 2+ years of related industry experience with graduation from a Mechanical/Metallurgical/Materials or Welding Engineering Technology Program
- Alberta In-Service Pressure Vessel Inspection or Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspection certificate is preferred
- Familiarity with and understanding of:
- In-Service Inspection in petrochemical, refining or upgrading industry
- API-510 certificate
- ASDME and API Codes and Standards
- API-570 or API-653 certificates and NDT certificate
- technical documentation including engineering drawings
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available