Motiva Enterprises Llc
Updated: Aug 31 2012
||Corrosion Engineering, Mechanical Supervisor, QA / QC / Inspection
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Convent, LA, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Accountable for the integrity of the pressure equipment at Motiva Convent Refinery including pressure vessels, tanks, boilers, heaters, and piping to assure safe and reliable operation.
Responsible for providing leadership of the Pressure Equipment Integrity Management system established to ensure pressure equipment integrity of the refinery.
Primary accountabilities include:
- Assure the Pressure Equipment Integrity Management (PEIM) process is effective in mitigating process safety and reliability risk at the refinery. The PEI manager is accountable for the personal safety of all Motiva and contract staff working under the direction of the PEI department.
- Provide assurance for compliance with governmental and corporate requirements, assuring industry standards and basic practices are appropriately addressed.
- Manage the PEI department consisting of inspectors, engineers, and other support staffs to assure PEI objectives are met. The PEI Manager is accountable for competence assessment and development of all department staff.
- Works closely with the site GAME EI Process focal point and the EI process owner to assure the health of the GAME EI work process at Convent. This includes assuring completion of work process effectiveness reviews, monitoring KPI's, and managing various improvement programs.
- Accountable to ensure that PEI related turnaround (TA) work is identified, planned, and executed effectively and is well integrated with the turnaround work process.
- The PEI Manager is a member of the TA Steering Team focused on steering the medium and short term TA Planning and Execution Teams.
- Maintain close integration and alignment of efforts with other Production, Maintenance, and Engineering functions on activities impacting equipment integrity and reliability. Collaborates with other department managers to resolve issues related to work process integration or cross department interfaces.
- Member of the Refinery Extended Leadership Team and also a member of the site Reliability Steering Team accountable to deliver improved reliability performance at Convent.
- Responsible for developing and managing the PEI Department budget which includes the budget for execution of the on stream inspection program including maintenance support.
- The PEI Department consists of 19 Motiva staff consisting of engineers and field professionals. This includes eight direct reports with one being the PEI Inspection Supervisor. The department also manages a significant number of contract employees that can vary from 15-25 under normal operations and can increase to 100+ during turnarounds.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of refinery or chemical plant experience.
- Must have previous leadership experience.
- Broad engineering background.
- Working knowledge of PEI discipline including inspection program management, the EI and turnaround work processes, and key interfaces with operations, maintenance, and capital projects.
- Requires substantial breadth of knowledge in refinery engineering disciplines, plant maintenance, corrosion and materials, operations, turnaround planning, refinery economics, and project engineering to ensure excellent engineering support to clients throughout the plant.
- Previous budget responsibilities.
Close- The Shell Group offers an outstanding benefits package. No phone inquiries will be accepted.
Employment Type: PERMANENT
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available