We are seeking a Rig Superintendent for a 1,500 hp land drilling rig located in Indonesia.
The Rig Superintendent coordinates and directs various and multiple activities on the drilling operations
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Plans drilling rig equipment utilization for each contract, coordinates rig moves and location visits, and assists the operation manager and marketing on job bids.
- Monitors all rig paperwork, prepares work orders to maintain equipment and upgrades, and assists with safety in preventing accidents and providing safe work sites.
- Establishes and maintains good working relations with customer personnel at rig and district level
- Sets goals and objectives for rig personnel
- Assists in the interview process for hiring rig personnel, approves all promotions, transfers or discharges, and approves all training for rig personnel.
- Ensures that all Parker Drilling policies and procedures are adhered to on rig and enforces equipment PM programs
- Oversees major overhaul of rig components, and conducts rig visits and inspections.
- Assists purchasing, safety, personnel, and maintenance departments for operations.
- Prepares and conducts monthly rig manager meetings, and attends weekly morning meetings .
- Reviews and discusses morning reports from rig, and continually on call for an assigned rig.
- Acts as Project Manager on rig refurbishments, and approves all rig employee timesheets.
- Superintendent approves daywork billing for his rigs on weekly basis
Rig Manager and other positions below
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must possess a High School diploma.
- Must possess sufficient experience as a Rig Manager in order to adequately perform all primary functions of the job as shown above.
- Must possess excellent English communication skills, including the ability to recognize hazards, alarms and warnings and convey these to the proper personnel.
- A Foreign language is a plus, but not required.
Must possess basic math skills.
Must possess good reasoning skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Well Control (IWCF preferred)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sitting, standing, walking, lifting materials (maximum 100 pounds), carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing stairs, climbing using legs and arms, balancing, stooping, kneeling, repeated bends, crawling, reaching high and low, and repetitive twisting or pressure, involving wrist and hands. Hearing, seeing (including depth perception and peripheral vision), ability of rapid mental coordination simultaneously. Must be able to tolerate continuous vibrations and elevated noise levels as well as tolerate wearing personal protective equipment, including, but not limited to, a hard hat, steel toed safety shoes, hearing protection, respirators, safety glasses, goggles and full body harness. Mentally alert for entire regular shift.
In international locations, you may be subject to extreme temperatures, hostile environments, civil unrest, etc. Travel to and from work location may require extended layovers in unfamiliar locations. Exposure to temperature changes, wetness, confined spaces, chemicals, grease and oil, working with ladder/scaffold, working with hands in water, and working alone. Parker Drilling Company will supply adequate training and equipment to meet the functions of the job.