Updated: Jun 29 2012
||Production Technologist, .
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Production Technologist will have an opportunity to work with the thermal production and completion engineers to compile and analyze production and equipment data for our Primrose and Wolf Lake CSS operations.
- Prepare summary and analysis of selected CSS well pair performance history correlated to expected forecast, operating strategy, completion style, and workover history
- Support completions and production in the design and execution of the projects
- Develop and use processes for tracking and understanding volume performance and correlate with reservoir expectations, completions, workovers, and equipment performance and provide summary interpretations and recommendations to the Production Group
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
- Identify trends and value-add opportunities
- Propose workovers based on internal and external analysis
- Develop and use processes for tracking pump failure frequency and failure modes and provide summary interpretations and recommendations to the Production Group
- Produce quarterly analysis of pump failure frequency and failure modes
- Work closely with field operations to ensure availability and communication of high quality data
- Provide support to the regulatory process as required
- Investigate new completion/production technology and providing recommendations
- Provide ongoing summary of industry trends in thermal operations and make recommendations for CNRL
- Investigate other parameters affecting overall performance (e.g. steam quality, surface operating pressure, etc) as identified
- Typically 5+ years of related industry experience with a Diploma in Production Engineering Technology
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available