Updated: Jul 3 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Primrose / Wolf Lake, Alberta, Canada
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Production Engineer is responsible for maximizing production rates and resource recovery for CNRL's Primrose and Wolf Lake Operations.
- Identify opportunities and execute plans to optimize and expand existing operations
- Optimize production design for new CSS developments
- Broaden your experience and utilize your expertise by coordinating the efforts of the Primrose and Wolf Lake Production Engineering teams
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
- Closely monitor all steaming and producing wells in your area with a view to maximize the efficiency of the operations and minimize cost on a daily basis
- Research, recommend and evaluate facilities enhancements to maximize the value of the Company's Thermal In Situ Oil Sands production
- Provide scoping and preliminary design for proposed facility construction and upgrades and working with the Facilities and Projects team to finalize and implement these designs
- Provide estimates for and approve AFE's for facilities and wells, and approve related invoicing
- Work with other team members (Exploitation, Exploration, Facilities, Land and Field Operations, Projects) to meet the production and financial targets in your area
- Work with the team to prepare development strategies and to define the scope of future developments to maximize shareholder value
- Work closely with Field Operations to ensure that operating costs are within targets
- Contribute to area capital and operating budget
- Liaise with Production Accounting, Financial Accounting and Joint Ventures as required
- Typically 5+ years of related industry experience with an Engineering Degree
- Registration or eligibility of registration with APEGA
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of:
- CSS and/or SAGD well design, production operations and project economics
- Production facilities, process design, complemented by field experience
- Well construction operations knowledge
- Must be proficient in spreadsheet applications
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available